Incompetence and yet we're paying the premium

Same here, I made a post myself and I will keep ringing about this as this is unacceptable that we are paying for a product where there is lack of BASIC INFORMATION on how the course of events will be progressed. Especially considering the fact that this event is 15 YEARS OLD. Not a new thing to the game, something they are doing for 15 years now.

We pay to buy the game and we pay monthly subscription, we expect the game to be complete and the communication to be top notch, with community being listened and answered in a timely manner so people are not wasting their time just to eventually be slapped in the face.

This has to be extended so people can normally complete what they’ve been doing for the past 2 weeks. Stop spitting on the community Blizzard. You couldn’t fix the barking quest for 2 days and you added to that by removing the event for all day yesterday. COME ON.

2 Likes

Smells of dirty diaper in here

2 Likes

Shiro are you just on a troll marathon? Just commenting on peoples post trying to winding people up, I think you need to get a life mate

1 Like

Slow day at the office, don’t you need to make a grp to do some dungeon attunement? It ain’t gona make itself you know.

1 Like

Just done it brah, so what else ya got?

1 Like

Dear Magaloo, thinking something and knowing something are entirely different things :slight_smile: The 1 day more you got was actually a pity move from Blizz, you just assumed it would last until October 6th.

So how where we supposed to know it was set up to run the same duration as it ran in 2007?

By assuming, so how is it right to assume 1 thing but not the other.

It’s their mistake as they accounced event would last till 6th october but it did not say it is for retail and classic would have a different duration.

To assume it will last untill 6th on both classic and retail was the most logical thing you could assume given they did not differentiate durations in their blue post.

It was a mistake from them not to be clear enough when the event was going to end in TBCC. However it was several peoples fault to assume they know when it is going to end. The thing you could have done is grind as many tokens as you can and be cautious with your spending instead of fixing strategies based on false assumptions and then crying here when poop hits the fan.

1 Like

It’s not people’s fault to make plans and assumptions when there is lack of information. People, other than playing games, have other things to do and will always make calculations and plans so they can prepare a schedule and see how much effort they have to put to get something. In this case, people made their plans but Blizzard did not deliver what they’re paid to do - 2 days barking quests were bugged and they have removed yesterday’s event and made a late night call to bring it back.

3 Likes

Why do you think I am posting this? There was little no information on the matter and clearly unclear communication from Blizzards part. I only know what is available to read on the page they announced, which stated the 6th. I mearly asking for blizzard to take responsibility. Their GM continu to palm me off and leave it at this. This is just bad customer service.

Since you either forgot (it was a long time ago) or didn’t play at the time, this is the same thing that happened at the time all those years ago that Brewfest ended early.

I very much enjoy that the same bugs/quirks are present in Classic, but some like yourself seem to be over reacting, a bit like Ogri’la dailies when they launched with the unstable flask bug or being unable to do bombing run bug. These are not new things present in Classic. I hope you’re doing the same complaining about them changing emotes and censoring old content.

Blizzard are a lot of things, but incompetent is not one of them.

Exactly it was a mistake from their part. Now they just have to fix their wrong. I couldn’t two poops about the mount at this point.

So youre saying making plans based on pure assumptions is a good strategy and justifies you to complain when those plans fall empty? The lack of information does not justify you to make false assumptions and claim that you were victimized by holding onto your castle of sand.

Yes people are more than welcome to do so, but once again, making those plans based on pure assumptions that later reveal to be false is not a good way to build your calculations on.

Blizzard absolutely delivered what they intended, you just made false assumptions.

Thats on them yes, but doesnt change the fact of doing false assumptions.

We are not to compare with other versions of the game. I am quoting what little information blizzard has provided. So remembering the old version is irrelevant.

They already fixed their “wrong” by adding an extra day and this time making it clear to even the dumbest of subscribers that the event will end in one day. I mean even though they lacked proper communication with the subscribers, they still were technically correct in what they did. However, even if your customers were as dumb as a rock, youd still have better time throwing them an extra bone instead of facing an outrage.

1 Like

We’re constantly left to fill in the blanks because Blizzard has taken the approach that they don’t owe us any information. When we get information or “fixes”, it’s always the minimum effort required.

Yeah they extended brewfest by 1,5 days but seriously… there were tons of threads up on the forums to have them extended beyond what we thought was the end date of the 6th because the event had been so ultra scuffed.

I 100% disagree. We’re still dealing with bugs and glitches, sometimes making the game unplayable in a 15 year old game. Brewfest was a disaster, phase 2 was riddled with bugs and btw it was on the PTR for over a month. It’s clear, WE the players are the testing department. Blizzard even shipped phase 2 with bugs like the threat resets on KT/vashj and Vashj evading back to full health anyway. Clearly there’s nobody left at the wheel that cares about the details. The “Blizzard polish” went away a long long time ago.

2 Likes

What are you on about, false assumptions?When you got an appointment for a job interview and they tell you to be there for 10 am you will. If they change the appointment time without telling you and as result you don’t get the job. You wouldn’t be throwing a hissyfit, you’ve been wrongly informed. That is the problem of the one on charge.

Did they somewhere announce that TBCC Brewfest would last until 6th October? AFAIK they only announced that for retail.

There are always, and I mean always, bugs and glitches. And the overwhelming vast majority are not new bugs that weren’t in the original game, and I for one enjoy the nostalgia feeling of them. If there is “clearly no one left at the wheel” then how are we playing and enjoying the game?

The Blizzard polish was never to the level you seem to be implying, anyone who played Vanilla would very much attest to it. Players are always the testing department. So many people seem to think they know how to do this and that, just because you play games doesn’t mean you know how to make/run them - things are rarely that simple, unless it’s removing emotes and censoring content, that’s a simple one that can and should be judged.

Okay well goodluck in you future endeavors. I am done talking to you. If calling people dumb who are trying to inform the gamedevelopers they made a mistake. Just articulate yourself properly.