Increase Mindgames reversal values

It is the action-reversal effect of this spell that made Mindgames unique and interesting.

I can appreciate that my disc healer critting for 1/2 someone’s healthbar in pvp, or topping an entire raid with it, was a bit broken. So I’m not (too) salty about the dmg reduction.

But the reversed values are lower than some of our healing spells.
It’s not interesting/meaningful if it can just be overpowered by an instacast heal.
Or if it only reverses a sliver of a raid boss’s melee swing.

Feels like Mindgames reversal values should be double what they currently are.

It would then regain its strategic threat in pvp, and make it meaningful in raids for something other than atonement ramping. Strategically casting it into a boss’s big ability as a dmg mitigation play would be cool.

The spell’s effect doesn’t have balancing issues its dmg had. Increasing the effect’s values would keep the right side of the talent tree viable for all specs.

3 Likes

Agreed, I think mind games is onto something that could be unique for us.

But maybe another class already has it, I don’t know.

There is another reason why they should increase the power of the MindGame, is that he is very easy to dispel.

1 Like

Maybe it needs a dispel protection like VT has. Honestly MG could just jump targets if dispelled, that would be in the character of a mind game. Only first target takes the initial damage, making it more sneaky. Or it could do a % of its maximum healing and damage on dispel based on remaining duration.

1 Like

I think its current design provides strategic play/counterplay. It just doesnt have enough effect to make it impactful anymore.

I don’t think we should add another dispel-punish to Spriest toolkit

You’re not considering Holy and Disc, those spec do not have any of that

1 Like

Yes, with respect to other priests, that effect should be on sw:pain :sunglasses:

I don’t really pvp but I figure part of what separates the good players is not just mashing their dispel addon when the square lights up. Is VT worth dispelling or is it actually that, a dispel trap?

25 players sailing off the platform in Ner’zhul Raidfinder.

Both reversal values should be combined into one value that covers both damage and healing. And then it should be buffed a bit so that it’s not just gone instantly. And dispel wise it should either not be dispelable or it should convert the remaining values into damage

I’ve literally never seen a healer who cares about our practically non existent dispel shield. If it’s to stay as the only dispel shield, it should become unbreakable by damage and abilities, leaving the only way out to be trinket. All of that while remaining as the only CC not on the DR list

Making Mindgames undispellable would make it less interesting overall by limiting pvp counterplay exclusively to mitigation abilities.

And getting new features added to a spell Blizzard just nerfed into the ground seems unlikely…
But they might take the suggestion to just retune it’s reflected values. It seems to be their original intent for the spell.

The effect itself is easy for them to balance in raids, just another mitigation spell in a healer’s rotation.
In pvp this spell is supposed to present opponents with a dilemma:

• DPS are meant to fear this spell ruining their go. But now that it reverses less than an average ability’s dmg, there is nothing to think about… just keep blastin…
  • Healers are meant to fear this spell as a finisher. But now any serious healing spell instantly overloads it, there is little to think about… just heal harder…
1 Like

Yes, it would be interesting actually, if it didn’t hit that hard to begin with but players screw themselves over if they ignore it and carry on as usual. Retreat may be their best option instead.

And I’m not saying undispellable, just make it do something interesting upon being dispelled. It could be a lot of things.

mindgames on disc does 0 dmg, i wouldnt even bother taking that

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.