Increased pet size cap in RAF

Hey I got 1500 pets and over that since mid-Legion.

I recently bought another game license, which I RAFfed and was already linked. Shouldn’t my limit be raised to 3000 now? If not, when are you going to increase pet size? Since it kinda takes away to pay double the price and still not get an equal amount of goods. And for the record I only bought a 2nd license since more and more stuff kept coming in, Allied races for example.

And the way this game has been going, more and more stuff gets implemented and thus the progress you’ve made you have to sacrifice to get the new stuff, which kinda is taking a toll in the long run on my game-play style and interest, not sure if others are suffering from this constant progress dilemma, but eventually it wont be fun anymore and I don’t really want to live in a money sink just to get the most out of the game. And considering there wont be any refunds for giving up your hardly leveled and adventured characters, it kinda makes me sad to think that all that time spent could have been spent in something better.

1 Like

There’s another upgrade to allow for up to 2000 in BfA.

There are only about 1200, a little less I think, pets available currently, and even with some duplicates I find I have plenty of spare space - and I have a big roster, with over 1000 uniques.

I really don’t have any strong feeling about the limit, or how that interacts with Battle.net accounts. If you didn’t have the same limit across all WoW accounts, you would have to have different pets on different accounts, which wouldn’t be ideal either.

I just checked out your roster on Xu-Fu’s.
https://wow-petguide.com/index.php?Collection=21215

You have an awful lot of level 1 duplicates of cageable pets. Do you really want to keep level 1 duplicates and triplicates of Left Shark, Baby Elderhorn, Doom Bloom, Father WInter’s Helper and so on? And then there are the wild duplicates you’re holding as well.

I made an alt specifically for holding any cageable duplicates I don’t want to keep live in my roster but didn’t want to throw away or sell, and I shaped my roster by releasing any wild pets I didn’t intend to level. It was a painful process, as I remember, especially when I released pets I had levelled because I wanted a different breed, but I have had no difficulty since then.

I sympathise with the impulse to keep everything, and I know it hurts letting go, but when you need to, because you will hit the 2000, I suggest you do it in one operation - cage and send to alts where possible; choose which to keep and release if not. At least that way, it will be over and done with, and you won’t have to keep making decisions about which to release every day. On a quick count from your roster, I figure you can reclaim well over 500 slots that way, even while keeping some useful and favourite duplicates.

Blizzard will not change their policy of pets shared across Battle.net. Memory space is reserved for characters in game, and right now, that reserved space stands at 2000, with most people using only 1000 or 1500 of it now. We won’t see any increase until at least next expansion.

1 Like

I get the same response every time I bring this up to the table.

And in all honesty I’ve done all that 2 times, and truth be told they are just temporary solutions that take a lot of time and careful planning to go through them all and choose what to cage and what not.
(I still have hundreds of pets caged in my banks, waiting for the light of day when they can come back, probably someone else has realized the same).

Still good thing we finally get an increase, however again it felt like it should have come sooner, since whenever I get stuck with the cap, I just freeze everything and stop caring for pets in general since I know I wont be getting them anyway.

Now I don’t know if they plan to keep doing this, but considering I have to wait for over half a year to collect new pets that were released half a year ago, feels a bit underwhelming. Then again, since the current content has been cleared and admittedly it has entered the grinding phase of achievements and gearing (boring stuff). It is nice to finally relax and enjoy battle pets.

I imagine you get the same response because there is no other response to give you.

There is simply no way Blizzard are ever going to increase the total pet cap to unlimited, or 3 * however many unique pets there are in the game. It’s never going to happen.

Not many people want to keep more than one of a pet. Battlers may keep two or three of a handful of particularly useful species, so they can use them in dungeon environments where healing is disabled, or to keep a few with multiple breeds that are useful for different things, and I know some people keep different colours for species that have multiple colour skins, but the number of duplicates they keep is quite limited. Having triple P/P Nexus Whelplings can be convenient; triple Winter Reindeer, not so much.

Why not just release your extra Spring Rabbits, Winter Reindeers, Cockatiels, Crimson Spores, Sea Ponies, Tree Frogs and all the rest? Set them free, and set yourself free at the same time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.