Instance Leader in BGs

Imagine if battlegrounds could have the same kind of option as you do when you queue for dungeons. If you feel comfortable leading a bg you could sign up as a leader instead of giving the raid lead to someone completly random who does not care / does not know they are the leader.

I think this could help improve management of random bgs. Even if people might say random bgs are supposed to be casual, maybe it could help new players if a leader could explain the tactics etc for the group.

2 Likes

This is one of many, many ideas Blizz could consider, and if implemented, could improve the game a lot, and maybe even fix the imbalances.

However, Blizzard doesnā€™t seem to be capable of listening to what players want, so I doubt anything too drastic or interesting or good will be implemented.

1 Like

I mean the idea behind it might be good, but the same as in dungeons, nobody takes this button seriously. I donā€™t even know if this button does anything. Maybe it gives you lead more frequently?

Just because you check the box doesnā€™t make you understand the bg or dungeon. Many people think they know the dungeon/bg but actually donā€™t.

In dungeons this role automatically always falls onto the tank anyways.

In bgs mostly nobody tries to actually lead a bg as we got rated bgs for this.
I saw one time somebody spaming macros with raid calls in trashran. Worked out fine and let to a win, but I can only imagine that this will be boring and annoying after a while.

Maybe not everyone takes it seriously, but if 10% would take it seriously atleast we would have people that would want to lead bgs. I get the argument that bgs are for casual players but getting stomped by the enemy team and your team running around like chickens does not really help. Maybe implement a setting so you can ignore /rw if you find that annoying.

Even if you do not know the bg, having ONE strategy instead of 10 different ones might help. Especially in epic bgs when you can see people spread all over the map. I know that when I tried to lead the bgs it atleast felt a bit easier to win / get objectives.

I donā€™t really think the reason a team gets stomped is because people donā€™t know what to do (exception maybe WG and Trashran)

1. reason is the gear and comp difference / gap
  2. reason is that a lot of people do not care if they win or not. The reason for this is that they probably do not need honor anymore and thus just want to zerg somewhere and smack people.

The incentive to win random bgs is very small and only there if you are massively behind in gear, which makes winning almost impossible in the first place.

However, Blizzard doesnā€™t seem to be capable of listening to what players want,

This.

Iā€™m sure Blizz gives the lead to a healer with the highest honor level. Works just fine for me. I donā€™t want it to be delegated to some random guy. Semi-premades already steal leadership. Join with a group of 3+ and you are the BG leader.
Also leading BGs gives little satisfaction, but the ignore list is bloating. Iā€™m trying to do it, cuz I like winning, but generally itā€™s a rather negative experience in the end, compared to silent games.

Guild wars 2 has something similar for Server vs Server battlegrounds. Iā€™m a little rusty on it all, Itā€™s been a while. But with enough badges of honor or whatever the curency was called.
You could purchase an item that made you into Commander, Both for Pve And PvP.

It more or less gives you a fancy marker above your Character and all players on your team are able to see your location on the map. And follow your lead and directions.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Commander

Making that work with Random BGā€™s in WoW would be a bit different I think. Not Just any random could just become or be trusted to become Commander. Knowing Blizzard something like this would come with a Rank and a rating in RBGā€™s propably, To be able to become a Commander.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.