Instance not found. Transfer aborted. Game is unplayable

Happening all the time in Classic.
Whenever I try to change zones, on a taxi, on a zeppelin or sometimes on foot, I am unable to make land at the desired flight point/continent due to this Instance not found:Transfer aborted error.

It’s killed my character on more than one occasion, by dumping me, mid air at the border of the last zone I left, often way to high to survive the fall.

I’ve tried everything! New drivers for the network adaptor. Release/renew IP address. Disable network optimisation in the game’s system settings. Restarting/resetting my router. I’ve even totally reinstalled the game!

There are 3 other people who also play Warcraft classic, at the same time, and they have experienced no problems like this.

The game is essentially unplayable and is infuriating!

I can’t find anything to help me fix this.

PLEASE HELP!

Perhaps try step 2, namely your addons if you have any.

No addons by the way.

im having this too, constantly. at least 1 per evening.

please fix?!

Heya,

If you have not gone through the steps from the article linked by Saneko already, please make sure to do so. Make sure to go through all the steps listed thoroughly, including those from step 2 (links to the Connection Troubleshooting Support Article). Retest again once you have gone through all these steps.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

Yeah it still does it by the way (I’m the original poster)
Doing it quite regularly on my missis’s pc now too, though there are 5 of us who play wow in this household and it doesn’t do it to the others, suggesting it’s not our router or connection.
I’ve completely reinstalled the game and run no addons but it still randomly does it, on both Classic and BFA.

TONS of people are having this problem, and just saying “disable your addons” or “reset your UI” is not helping.

People are getting info from server about transfer aborted, instance not found, why someone put that line for such error if not blizzard themselves? I was getting the same error in season 1 when i mained mage, couldn’t use any teleport back then, and all that without any addons. It’s not player related, many players started to experience the same error in the same time, anyone would say that they installed wrong addon the same day?

Any updates? i still have this problem on bfa

Hey there!

You’ve resurrected a very old forum post by adding that reply, which we’d rather you did not do here. I’ve closed the topic as a result.

You can find the recommended troubleshooting for this under this link. If you need any further help please get in touch with our Support team!