Instead of Level Squish

Hello all,

I’ve read many people talking about level squish.

I’m also against it, but we must progress don’t we ? What about… a Champion level or similar like ESO does?

The maximum level is 50 then you win Champion levels until 810 (well you still can earn more but the show cap is 810).

Of corse not a copy past of it but something similar so we still can progress in the next expansions instead of a lvl squish.

There is an existing topic with many replies if you’d like to add to that

I’ll do thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

And the point would be ?

To be able to progress without level squish and to have a different progression through the “levels”.

Blizzard could for example turn it more RPG style, like you win a “Champion - Hero - Legendary whatever name” point and you can distribute it through some stats or spells.

Why not for example adding some Spells level? Like all spells would have 5 levels or whatever you want and each level would make the spell more powerfull or add some effect.

For example :

Shadow volt lvl 1 => Magic damage 5%
Shadow volt lvl 2 => have chance that the next … (another spell name) also heals you 0.05 % health

Ect

make the game a little more complexe and RPG

This is one idea, however you can for example replace this by :

Win secondary stats like ESO does

In a way I think I know what you mean (like masteries in GW2 ?) but if im being honest I cannot see this working out any other way than horrid.
The reason is because blizz has shown time and time again they knee jerk react to stuff.
Imagine if in the next xpac you stayed at lv 120, but instead now you needed to do 100 quests per single champion point and to cap everything now you need 60.
Until you got them all you wont get into dungeons, mythic dungeons etc.
Naturally people will no life it and do it all in 1 sitting and so the arbitrary requirements start.

What do you mean “without” level squish ? In your OP you said the initial max lvl would be 50, which suggests a squish, so I get the champion levels would just be there to allow players to have big numbers on their lvl’s ? I see no kind of progression in that.

Now you suggest to get boosts and bonuses as you level up, forcing people to keep on leveling up. And just like that you went from squishing to doing the exact opposite. Does this make 0 sense or I’m completely out of the line ? I hope it’s the latter.

EDIT : Just read Macillidan’s reply and got your drift. So the bottomline is the same as squishing and I see no apparent difference between the 2 concepts. Why do people need a level cap that offs the charts ?

Lvl 50 is the cap level of ESO :slight_smile:

We should stop now at level 120 and next expac win Champion levels or whatever name they want.

1 Like

Yeah yeah, sorry. Edited my last reply.

No, I’m thinking more like ESO. For raiding for example you must be at least Champion lvl 300 however is really easy to reach that level, all you had to do is all the quests of all zones which should take you around 80-100h which is quite normal for any MMO.

This way the game is not a “fast food” game. But remember ESO is a different game, everything is scalled to your level, but a system like this one would innovate Wow.

Like I said before nothing Copy paste but something similar. Blizzard must use its brain cells for that.

EDIT : For the arbitrary requirements part, I know that people in Wow tend to be “elitist” but how about the dungeons until lets say Mythic +10 should scale to your lvl and ilvl? I don’t really know for this part but I believe Blizzard should find something.

If you guys think, “arbitrary requirements start” is already in place. To do normal you must be 360-370 ilvl, to do HC 385, to do Mythic raiding at least 410 ect

o.O Yikes. Ok I am assuming this is exactly how it works in ESO. I know if I was required to do ALL quests in ALL zones just to access raids my interest is gone.
It would certainly prevent FOTM all the time, after all who wants to do all the quests in all zones for each new class they want to re-roll to.

Its nice seeing suggestions, but yeah on this occasion I will stick with my original feeling of this would simply be horrid and would probably put me off the game for good.

Champion points can be earned by any activites in the game :

• Quests
  • Dungeons
  • Raids
  • Gathering materials
  • PVP

This is to innovate the game but if you guys want to have the same fast food lets have it. I’m pretty ok with that but I don’t really want to squish my levels since it took me sometime to lvl all my chars to lvl 120.

Also it already does not make any sence that Outland and Northrend are at the same level so squish the levels even more will be even more WTF.

It’s still a form of a level squish.

The thing I love in eso is that the CP carried over to all you alts - from level 1.

So even if you don’t raid you still benefit on alts and it makes levelling faster.

1 Like

I love that too, basically its like if your alt has heirlooms without the experience part :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also love how all the gear can be put in the bank and any alt can use it

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.