Instigator or Passive?

When you’re roaming around in War Mode and you see another player of thr opposing faction also roaming, doing quests or standing still, do you attack them or not?

I got the problem of being the aggressive guy. (Yeah, this probrably sounds funny coming from a Horde Warrior.)
I keep telling myself “They’re in War Mode also for a reason” yet its not in my heart to just attack and spoil someone who’s occupied or busy with something.
I would even just look at them and wave or do the /challenge gesture to see if they want to fight me.
Does it make me honorable or just too kind hearted?
I mostly just do War Mode to get the sparks and thats it, I turn it off.

I think the only time attacked first was because the Alliance player was AFK outside of town, which is more of a lesson. ‘Never AFK in a contested area.’

How do you guys play War Mode? Do you go in weapons swinging or do you try to fight them one on one?
Let me know, as well as some of your best moments, highlights, epic moments or fails.

If they have wm on, and you don’t attack, their wm experience has been ruined. Doing them a favour to attack! They will prob kill me anyway.

4 Likes

100% ill run right at them, foaming at the mouth! ( im a warrior too! )

I never stick around n circle camp the same guy though unless im doing something in the area in which case ill 100% run at him a secound time if he respawns before im done with what i came to do.

4 Likes

I once decided to not attack a guy in wm, then, after some time, another player arrived and they 2v1 me.
I’m never doing the same mistake again.

4 Likes

Classic example of why the nice guy finish last… Busy corpse running :smiley:

1 Like

Same, I needed the sparks (trophy of strife) and blood tokens to get my PvP gear up and running. But once I have the gear I prefer balanced and instanced PvP.

I tend to fly around doing a few WQ, picking up expedition packs, disturbed dirt, killing rares. When I see a supply plane dropping stuff I come to take a look, if it’s free real estate I’ll gladly loot the chest.

That said on my druid, life’s on EZ mode. Due to flying travel form I can interact with everything without ever landing, when I do land I’m a 2 Mil HP Bear. I never attack people less they attacked me before and I have a grudge (Yes, I will switch to stealth and keep looking for you), plus the occasional battle for the supply chest because there is an actual objective involved.

Overall I’m a passivist, I won’t even aid my faction if I see they attacked someone first and they’re getting their behind kick because they miscalculated. Then I get an angry whisper…

I must admit I do like my weekly gathering, it’s always the thrill of having to be aware of your surroundings, constantly judging the situation and opposition around you. Always reasoning there might be a rogue camping below the climbing quests when you fall down, or someone waiting to ambush you after your dragon race. Playing on maximum zoom to see what’s coming on the right or left.

But boy, I’m happy I can nope out when I’m done with it, the constant stress of keeping my guard up 24/7 would drive me to a heart attack.

As a Vulpera, I’ve seen cases like that before. That might just be rabies…

One funny story I had of War Mode was in BFA, when my friend and I accidently started a Fight.

We were in warmode in Voldun. We were with 15 Horde players in our server and just as much Alliance players. We were all killing a World boss. As soon as the boss was killed, my friend accidentally hit an Alliance player. The Alliance player hits back but hit a few other Horde players. They retaliated and hit back. Next thing my friend and I knew, the two factions were fighting each other. Me and my friend snuck away as they fought, pretending we didn’t do anything. Whoops. XD

3 Likes

i just cant help myself when i see people, ill run solo into a group of 4-5 people, dont know till you try right?! O.O maybe i can get one or two!

2 Likes

Basically a bar fight :rofl:

1 Like

Start a bar fight and sneak off with the booze. XD

1 Like

I generally dont attack first because 9 out of 10 times they have half my hp or less. Seems pointless. Isnt fun mowing someone down instantly.

I like ganking people on my rogue though. When in rome and all that.

I assume 90% of people in the open world are PVE players who turned on War mode just for the extra rewards not intending to PVP at all, with the assumption they will be rarely attacked if they are minding their own businesses.

That’s where I come into the picture :joy:

3 Likes

What is the question here?
I even have a special not geared rogue that I sometimes level to the new expansion cap.
Then I go to SW dueling zone and simply ambush those who lost their duel.
Looking at how they’re trying to find you is the most hilarious part of this

1 Like

i run my hunter pet in in stealth using eyes of the beast and munch them.

1 Like

I am a Hunter, and Horde are my prey. I stalk them from the shadows, and do what I must to defend the lands from filth. :skull:

Even younglings bellow lvl 70, are not beneath being part of my trophy collection… But I show constraint, and only kill such pitiful prey using fall damage. As I am a merciful Hunter.

Best argument I have heard so far. :joy:

EDIT:

To whoever decided to send me in-game mail, from a now deleted character… If you are gonna talk smack and provoke because you were offended over my silly little RP talk here, at least have the courage to do so from a non-deleted character. :stuck_out_tongue:

The “toughness” of your mail kind of ironically looses it’s “effect”, if you are gonna be a coward and hide behind a deleted character… But what can you expect from a Horde player…

EDIT EDIT:

Jeez… Horde players have fragile egos :joy: Should I expect more in-game letters every day, from butt hurt players who doesn’t even have the “honor” to do it from a non-deleted character, so I can’t respond back? :laughing:

Sending threats in-game, is MUCH more intimidating when you don’t run away like a coward afterwards. :stuck_out_tongue:

All I do is save the threat letters in my bank as trophies. :wink:

1 Like

I ain’t hiding behind some piece of paper. I answer with my axes.

Players under 70 or ungeared, I prefer to not touch. There’s no honor to attack those who can’t stand up to you.
But YOU. I am intrigued. Perhaps one day we might meet on a battlefield and we will have a glorious and honorable fight!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.