Intel Core i9-10900k vs AMD Ryzen 3900x

Intel benefits less but its still a good performance boost. If you have a good 3800x with tightened RAM you are on power with a 9000k. Most 9900k’s can’t reach 5GHz and the sweat spot for RAM was 3600MT/s. Most 3800x’s do 4.3GHz all cores and the sweat spot for the RAM is 3600MT/s.

Basically a 3800x all core overclock to 4.4GHz is on power with a 9900k at 5GHz. Both overclocks are rare.

www.3dmark._com/spy/9573602

Very top, I have seen 4.5GHz all core overclocks with IF at 1933 with the golden samples for the 3800x. Also seen 5.1GHz 9900k’s which are very rare too.

www.3dmark._com/spy/9590855

All this will change with the 3800xt which will increase the IF to 2000 and the clocks by 200Mhz (rumour). This will likely be the fastest 8 core cpu. Now you can buy 4400 CL19 RAM and set it to 4000MHz and tighen the timings.

RAM overclocking is basically time consuming, it does not require much knowlegde. The real pain is right at the end. Here one small change could cause RAM errors after 10 hours of testing.

Now with XMP, you still have to memtest an xmp overclock. Just because the RAm could do it on the test system does not mean your motherboard and IMC like the settings. My XMP settings don’t work but the RAM overclocks to insane levels and is 12hours+ stable.

Yeah, AMD seems to be doing more per clock than what Intel is doing. But the single core edge Intel has is being narrowed down with each new revision of Ryzen right now.

10th Gen chips are just ugh, they pushed 14nm to the limits. The power requirements are just… Outrageous for such a small increase to try and gain the upper hand once again. And the whole requirements you need to even get to that 5.2ghz clock requires some very good expensive cooling, especially on all cores.

11th Gen may be better, have to see but got 9th gen, stick to that for time being and skip 10th gen on Intel side at least.

WoW though can be played on either camp. Just means setting a AMD cpu properly as well as the motherboard. Didn’t have issues with a Piledriver. (Did take a AIO cooler to maintain a decent framerate at level 7) But those chips ran hot, bit like 10th gen now.

Waiting to see what details X670 chipset will bring, still on X470 and 2000 series ryzen but that’s playing WoW okay on graphic 7. Wow is just a unique game to stress a processor though.

When it struggles in some parts in this game, the cpu will fly through easily on a game that’s been properly optimised and has a game engine that can take 100% advantage of the new technology.

Do like the better multi-core IPC Ryzens have as recording/encoding something like a video doesn’t effect WoW that much.

Most players just want a machine that works…
Looks like OP left the discussion ‘over a week ago’…

I read everything and let the pros do the talking

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.