Interest check - Alliance Pandaren Guild

I’m probably picking the worst/quietest possible time to ask, but I was recently talking to some friends about the good ol’ days of Pandaren RP ally side. It’s been almost ten years since MoP, a similar time frame since Tushui-centric RP was quietly shuffled away into obscurity, and I was wondering if there is a want for an alliance Pandaren-exclusive RP guild?

I already have a concept (or five) saved from the ancient times, and if you remember this character a long history with the Tushui guilds of old. I know the Horde has a small but sturdy Pandaren base (shout out to Ronin), but if there’s enough interest i’m sure we can create a home again on team blue once more.

:rice::panda_face::bamboo:

3 Likes

In any other time-line where Blizzard didn’t took a dump in a punch, I likely would have entertained assisting you with nurturing a Tushui centric community… Not a guild, a community.

Tushui guilds have the bad habit of not working out for some reason. The latest casualty being the Wun Dynasty as far as I can tell.

But yeah, I think now is definitely not ideal to look for fellow Pandaren only Rpers.

And what are the concepts?

I think this is a core matter. I guess a big part is that Pandaren aren’t massively played so the very much die hard faction guilds tend to crumble vs a loose association of like-minded RPers

1 Like

I think there is apetite if my guild is anything to go by. Our recruitment is done entirely IC and is more for Pandaren Mains that RP daily as we have a lot going on. So it is perhaps not recommended for those without a lot of time to dedicate to it. Most members are on 4-5 hours a day RPing. If this sounds good to you though can hmu in game and I can tell you more. However we are not alliance or horde centric. We are a neutral group. As such we have chars on both sides too should we be travelling between cities outside the homeland.

1 Like

Sounds like a neat concept, hope it goes well. It does seem that a lot of Pandaren guilds stick to the neutral route and are lacking that faction pride, so it wouldn’t be a fit for me.

(On this char, anyway).

1 Like

My guess is that, similar to draenei and tauren guilds, a lot of people will generally create characters with very similar viewpoints to one another, often having pacifistic or non-violent views etc. People don’t generally make characters of those races to play violent warmongers, as it’s not really the side of them that Blizzard often portrays.

While there’s nothing inherently wrong with taking that as a point of inspiration for a character - I daresay it’s a good thing to adhere to the culture of WoW’s races - it can be a little difficult to take that group of characters and keep them engaged.

At any rate, I don’t begrudge people for playing those characters, and I do wish the OP good luck with their guild concept. It’s just a tricky one to keep running as I understand it.

1 Like

What little I know of the Tushui guilds history is that they tend to die mostly through… Well a combination of an unsustainable guild/concept with the many shortcomings of individual members of said guild (ERP, Ego, Conflicting leadership, etc…) and followed by a reputation of being clowns.

Not to say this is a constant, after all many just faded away due to a lack of activity. I think there’s a niche for Tushui Pandaren that is unfulfilled, nobody got the formula right so far. The fact that no one tried either since early BfA kinda pains me.

Fusao Dennelin flashbacks.

I think most Pandaren guilds thrive through x-faction stuff. Take Ronin for example, it’s a guild that is openly supportive of the Horde but that doesn’t stop them from being civilised with their kinsmen (not including snide remarks about the Tushui/Alliance of course).
And I think that is reflective of the greater Pandaren community - people are content to have a more neutral role rather than committing to a single faction.

1 Like

We do not speak that name here boyo.

I would have jumped to support this, had circumstances been different. I am not unfamiliar with such concepts, having had a great time with the Wuns.

Alas, for the time being, I am off WoW - until changes come, ones that I am not entirely optimistic ever will. So it’s all I can do to wish you the very best of luck. The pandaren community needs it more than any other and I am glad someone carries on the torches.

I could jump in with one of my Pandaren alts. Got a monk, a mage and a warrior, and none of them are getting as much attention as they deserve.

Pandaria holds a very special place in my heart and I would love to go back to its glorious days.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.