Interest Check: community for those that hate PUGs/LFG

So I have been thinking for some time about making some kind of community for people that just hate the thought/experience of using the looking for group tool and doing content in PUGS

So my thought would be to try and create a community of people that want to do group content for the fun of doing it/seeing it, and want to do that in a group of people that take the time to talk to each other and are not just looking to get in and out in the quickest possible time. I would also hope that it would be a place for people to find groups to go try content if they are new to a class or want to try tanking or healing but not in the toxic environment that LFG gives you.

Through the community people could put together events for people to sign up to, be it dungeons, M+, raids , islands, warfronts, transmog runs etc, which would then make it nice and easy to see what other people have planned and for people to sign up to them.

It would also be a great way to actually get to know other people, something that rarely happens in LFG, and something that really lacks in the game these days as when you do group with random pugs its just a bunch of people that don’t want to talk or get to know anyone else, which kind of means we all tend to just stick with the same group of people we have always known and struggle to ever get to know others from the realms we play on.

I am not sure yet if it would be better to keep as a realm single faction/single character community or make it a battlenet one which would allow people to join on both factions and also open it up to other RP realms

So my purpose for this post is to see if there is interest out there and like minded people that would enjoy having such a community which could hopefully replace the need to use LFG to do content.
Those communities called Guilds is WoW. :)
20/09/2018 11:56Posted by Eleora
Those communities called Guilds is WoW. :)

What did he mean by this?
Guilds fill this role to a degree, but on RP realms many people may be in a guild for RP purposes and may not want to leave that guild, communities fill that role in that you can be part of a community and still be in a guild but get access to the chat/calendar functions that exist inside a guild.
You won't find any people to join this because the server is dead, better just to transfer off.
Can confirm server is dead. Blizz should just kill this server and transfer all players to different ones.
We started a community on horde side but it's going very slowly. I think if you look hard and long enough, you will eventually find people but you'll probably have to play the long game :) One approach might be to actually do PUGs, and then invite the puglets you like to your community. Good luck!
20/09/2018 11:34Posted by Ilistria
So I have been thinking for some time about making some kind of community for people that just hate the thought/experience of using the looking for group tool and doing content in PUGS

So my thought would be to try and create a community of people that want to do group content for the fun of doing it/seeing it, and want to do that in a group of people that take the time to talk to each other and are not just looking to get in and out in the quickest possible time. I would also hope that it would be a place for people to find groups to go try content if they are new to a class or want to try tanking or healing but not in the toxic environment that LFG gives you.

Through the community people could put together events for people to sign up to, be it dungeons, M+, raids , islands, warfronts, transmog runs etc, which would then make it nice and easy to see what other people have planned and for people to sign up to them.

It would also be a great way to actually get to know other people, something that rarely happens in LFG, and something that really lacks in the game these days as when you do group with random pugs its just a bunch of people that don’t want to talk or get to know anyone else, which kind of means we all tend to just stick with the same group of people we have always known and struggle to ever get to know others from the realms we play on.

I am not sure yet if it would be better to keep as a realm single faction/single character community or make it a battlenet one which would allow people to join on both factions and also open it up to other RP realms

So my purpose for this post is to see if there is interest out there and like minded people that would enjoy having such a community which could hopefully replace the need to use LFG to do content.

You're going to struggle on this server. I've tried to put together a team of people that want to do push for high keys and small raids three times now in bfa. Every single time it has fallen apart with people leaving the game, leaving the server, or get discouraged when things don't go well and just stop through fear of failure. The amount of people needed is just not there. There's a handful of good guilds that are doing well, are advacing and don't need people. And the rest of the server is broken up into tiny fragmented guilds with people that don't want to do anything and can't find the people to do it even if they wanted to. I myself will be transfering off in the coming weeks. But good luck with that.
On the other hand, I would be interested in this. Is the community now created?
I'd also join this..
21/10/2018 15:54Posted by Pangura
On the other hand, I would be interested in this. Is the community now created?

As mentioned by Aerdris, there's one on Horde side that does raiding at least once a week at normal/heroic level depending on the available people. You can whisper her or anyone from <The Silversong Order> for more info.
You may poke me if you need a raider (tank/dps) and see me online.

If you are still putting this together feel free to send me a message or an invite

Voice of the Forest also tries to have Raids 3 times a week and set off a day for M+, but are struggling with numbers atm after clearing the new raid on normal. Maybe a collaboration in stead of all of us RP guild sitting around on 6 people each. We are usually trying to fill our team Tu, Th, Su 19:15 - 21:30. We have an ooc channel /votfooc we listen to and a Discord we use in the actual raid. We usually lack dps so… just a thought.