[Interest Check] Monk Tournament Discord

Hi!

Let me start from the beginning: You may have come across pandaren-themed tournaments throughout the past year or so, both events that a lot of people helped me organize, and there’s been a noticeable demand in making it a quarterly thing, which I’ve been hoping to do starting 2020.

For that I’m going to need a little more help, which to be honest is difficult to come by in terms of organization and advertisement (among other reasons, as most monks can only be reached via discord or ingame, and I’m not aware of a monk discord that I could hop onto for this - please correct me if I’m wrong!)

But Mama Xiu, Why Another Discord!?!?!?(!?)

To put it sharp, ease of contact. I can get in touch with people interested in making these tournaments highlights of our realm, people can get in touch with me. Maybe it could double as a monk discord, but my primary goal right now is to drum up enough support to be able to form a team in a timely fashion, preferably 2 months ahead of time so we can set everything up before we start advertising and hyping people up for the next tournament! In turn, those who know it’s coming can use those months to organize training IC and conceptualize their emotes and possible fighting scenarios between monks of different styles (including their own) both IC and OOC.

I’ve noticed there’s quite a few monks who have these sparring and master/student relationships. I’d like to contribute to that and inspire more of that this way.

Having said all that, it’s my hope to organize a monk tournament in the Dread Wastes for the coming August and I am still in the midst of putting a team together! :pray:

Long story short: Who’s with me? :panda_face:

8 Likes

That’s going to be a no from me.

But a yes from me.

…even my monk isn’t leveled, though… But always can use other appearances from Shado pan monastery, as a rogue.

Anyway! This is very fun and cool! Thank you for making such fun events. :slight_smile:

Hey there!

It’s a yes from me. I attended the last tournament and it was an amazing experience. I’d never done anything quite like it before! It was the perfect way to meet other monk characters and even get my own progression going.

If a discord is set up I would love to join. I’d try to help as well if I can!

Above all, thank you so much for making the tournaments and bringing great, fun RP to the server! :smile:

4 Likes

It’s a yes from me as well. I believe it would be a good time to join this character’s first tournament.
And who knows what fun it brings… kek at Erithur :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I keep promising you that I’ll help out more in Pandaria activities. So, provided the dates are good (due to my own work commitments), I can certainly lend a hand.

4 Likes

Thanks for the support, guys-minus-Nelox! :panda_face:

I’ll look into setting something up this weekend and maybe we can still make adequate arrangements to announce the next tournament in July!

I think the rules worked pretty well last time… Here’s the old thread!

My monk needs other monks to punch in the face.
I’d be interested in keeping my beady eye on this. o.o

2 Likes

I know this is completely out of nowhere, but how is Celestial Fist Tournament for an attention-grabbing name? :grin:

edit: I still need to work out minor details and a name, but for those willing to pitch in and help with tidying the place up - https://discord.gg/abwXMG7

We will be using roles for tracking organizers, refrees and registered participants – we’ll also be using a list, so the participants’ roles will be a redundancy of the helpful sort!

See post above! The foundation is laid, I just need co-organizers and refrees now before I can even think of announcing a date.

We’re currently still going by the previous rules because the overall feedback was great, and if nothing is broken, why fix it?

As a reminder:

1 Like

This sounds dope. I want in. Just jumped into the Discord. Can’t wait to TEST MY MIGHT.

1 Like

Lovely initiave, looking forward to this! Be that on my char here or an alt. Establishing a monk community is something I think would be really really interesting, imagine all the different fighting styles!!

Once the rules were set, i very much enjoyed the last monk tournament.

Looking forward to another!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.