[Pandaria][Event] 2nd Tournament of Celestial Arts

Date and Time

Date: Fri, 15 February 2019 (Masters: LIKELY Sat, 16 February!!! Try to be available for both dates!)
Time: From 19:00 realm time (participants, please try to show up early!)
Faction: Neutral

Rules

Pandaria Martial Arts Tournament Rules

Brackets:

Novice = Less than 5 years of combat and martial arts experience.

Intermediate = More than 5 years of combat and martial arts experience, less than 20.

Master = More than 20 years of combat and martial arts experience.

The tournament works with single-elimination rules. Contestants within each bracket will be pitted against each other in one on one fights. Winners move on to face each other. This continues until there is only one winner left from each bracket.

Fight Rules:

Contestants gain points from techniques and strikes that make proper contact with the opponent’s torso. 3 points results in a victory, and removing your opponent from the fight’s bounds results in an instant victory. Receiving a point will be announced by the referee.

(Simple roll combat. First roll is for initiative, higher roll wins. Attacking roll vs. defensive roll in turns. If attacking roll is higher, the attacker receives a point. 100 roll results in instant elimination of the opponent. Attacker/defender rolling 1 results in a free point for the opponent.

To prevent the fights from taking forever thanks to RNG, defense rolls from (and including) 5th bout onwards will have an increasing minus modifier of -10 to them. This will be tracked by the referees to make it easier on the participants.

Non-monk, pandaren martial artists are allowed to participate, but their rolls have a -20 handicap against monks if the monk is using chi.)

Strikes to the head, neck and crotch are forbidden, along with causing permanent damage to your opponent. Chi is only allowed for defensive, manoeuvrability and speed increasing techniques. If the fight gets out of hand, the referee is allowed to stop it. The use of armour is also forbidden.

Current Participants

Novice Bracket

• Erithur
  • Fiami
  • Lun’aneth Leysong (Lunedrax)
  • Norwind
  • Shen Lotusfist
  • Zenera

Intermediate Bracket

• Adrian (Valkarius)
  • Khaltarr
  • Kùzon
  • Little Feather (Swiftmoose)
  • Mei-Lin (Meiyang)
  • Nar’thak (Narthák)
  • Okiba
  • Tanshi
  • Valthren Blazefury

Master Bracket

• Azrael
  • Deedi Dirgefuse
  • Eldryn Fargrove (Éldryn)
  • Hellbrew
  • Rulf of Rulf (Huoquan)
  • Tarruk
  • Tibsérai
  • Ying-Yue Jiang (Jìang)
  • Zalthan
  • Zouyo Rainclaw

Alliance: Xiuyun, Shuang; Horde: Madamyun

11 Likes

…This, is going to be a terrible idea on my characters part, but a fun one. I would love to participate, no matter how bad an idea it is.

1 Like

This is right up my alley. I’d love to go! Sign me up for the Novice bracket, please!

1 Like

Alrighty, I went and missed the first one, so it’s only fair I go and win this one

7 Likes

Please sign me up for the intermediate bracket.

1 Like

Tibs, no…

1 Like

Remember to mention which bracket you would like to sign up for!

2 Likes

Yes, yes, yes! Attended it last year but at least with the elixir of tongues, it’ll make the emoting way easier.

Liao of Krasarang will enter the Master Bracket

3 Likes

Tibs Yes! Also, since ah, Tib, since she has 20 years of experience soldiering, would attempt to enter herself into the masters catagory.

There is now a list of participants at the very bottom of the OP!

We are looking to have a minimum of 6, ideally 8, per bracket! So long as a minimum of 4 show up, however, we can have interesting bouts!

1 Like

Sign me up for the Novice bracket. <3

1 Like

High on dusted air motes, and a couple pints of Drop Anchor Dunkels- Fiami loudly proclaims she is the best monk alive, and signs up for this tournament. She promptly collapses, and forgets all about it.

Hopefully she signed up to the novice bracket. And hopefully the right mixture of narcotics and fate will deliver her to the Temple’s grounds on the right date.

2 Likes

Sign me up!

Okiba! Intermediate!

1 Like

Nar’thak for the Intermediate bracket! Looking forward to RPing with other monks!

1 Like

Sign me up please :smiley:

Norwind, Novice bracket Please! :smiley:

Shen Lotusfist for the novice bracket!

• My first major RP event with this character so i’m looking forward to it :slight_smile:

Hellbrew for the Mashter bracket. If I am to loshe, it will be againsht the besht of the besht!

2 Likes

This sounds fun, and its a Friday so I can definitely take part :smiley: Sign me up, Zouyo Rainclaw of the Wandering Isle, Master Bracket please :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m excited that so many have signed up again. I think last year was a great test run that’ll make this one even better! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lun’aneth Leysong for Novice Bracket, please.

Let’s have some fun, shall we?

1 Like