Invalid Argument

Hello,
i would love to be able to play again.
Latest patch for World of Warcraft enabled me to do that.
But what is funny my Burning Crusade taken from the latest download (DL) of Clasic LK DL is working i can play it.
But World of Warcraft current version after patch of Shadowlands does not.
From what i saw it brings back a lot of the tech discusion of using WIN7 and DX10 graphics card.
Hope they can resolve it, or we are loosing a lot of players that do still run WIN7 and DX10 max versions of graphics cards.
Hope they fix it somehow!

if you machine has been playing retail wow you can upgrade it to Win 10 - your Win 7 license is valid to install it - check the win forums

Thank you for the reaction, but i can see reports that the crashes are starting to happen on WIN10 too. So i will just wait it out, for the announced US forums PATCH for tomorow.

In fact the app just started another one, we shall see what will happen. Dont wanna update to WIN10 for now if it will be solvable in other ways.

Cause it seems it is not just the Windows issue in play this time. Got the needed .dll’s but still end up in a neverending circle of two same errors repeating.

Thank you for reaching out tho!

sometimes windows won’t be assigning the .dll file correctly - if the patch doesn’t fix it check the tech forum to see if you can copy them across manually - happened a lot after win 7 to 10 migrations - though it may well be Dragonflight simply won’t run on Win 7 - it is old now

Latest patch the US crew promised to help did help, it works now even on WIN7!

Win 7 is listed as compatible - but you are at the ragged edge there - its isn’t a supported OS anymore - Win 10 will run on your machine and smooth it out

I realise that, but something is better than nothing. More smoothing will be needed until we can aford new Hardware, Software. But they did it!!!
Dunno kinda sceptical towards the W10, seen a lot of reports with em crashing too!

It works! For what it all included i say, PRETTY WELL DONE Ladies n Gents!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

The game may be listed as Windows 7 but honestly, it’s time to move from that OS and go onto Windows 10. It’s not that bad anymore, better memory management, CPU handling with threads and you can turn things off.

I haven’t had a single issue or crash with Windows 10 for over two years now and if any crash happened, it was due to graphic drivers when a game went wrong. (Yes, even Nvidia drivers can just go wrong from time to time)

It’ll put you in support for three more years before having to go to Windows 11. As for gaming on Windows 10, it’s more stable than Windows 7.

The most important thing though is getting support for security updates as well as support for drivers as most hardware have taken support away from Win7 now, some still have it. It’s a worthy upgrade.

Win11 on the other hand… That’s debatable.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.