"invent" seems to be sequential instead of random

another stupid decision, invent doesn’t invent randomly, but the same one every time till you learn it…so i’m stuck on the stupid earthen delivery drill pvp thing that I was just going to leave uninvented until the end.

Why not just learn that schematic and move on?

because it’s useless to me and if you learn everything, you can’t invent anymore

Um, i learned everything, and i can craft “Invent” just fine, it gave me 2 Engineering levels per day, right up until level 100, and 10-15 of those notes-things (To combine for discovering more schematics once i specialize in the right trees)

ok, maybe they changed it, sadly I still can’t learn the damn thing without having to go into either bg’s or warmode, neither of which i actually do…

What are you talking about? Use 15 of the notes, use the new item, and just chose the drill (or choose another item and save the drill for last). No need to go into WM or BGs.
I did it like this:
Search the scraps for prototypes and dismantel (not using) those. You receive notes, which you can than use to gain new recipes. I spared the earthen drill when choosing a new recipe, so i got only drills when searching the scraps. Engineering is the crafting profession with the easiest way to get all normal recipes, you just need enough scrap.

1 Like

Hah, you were wrong and I was kinda right!
If you invent all things, all you get is notes, if I had left the last one uninvented, not only do you still get notes by disassembling it, you also get your materials back mostly!