Ion and his devteam

Except mate they already stated that gearing system is not going to change. Except getting weekly quest you can choose what item you will disenchant still farming M+ and raids for broken trinkets or weapons like that Sword from King’s Rest. That’s what we’re getting. There is small difference but not enough to make PvP good. I quit before Azshara’s Palace and I’m not going to play BfA again nor I’m going to purchase SL unless I see real effort from devs to make us not play PvE to perform in PvP.

1 Like

I quit BfA in October 2018, so yea, tell me about it. :slight_smile: All I’m saying is that SL sounds better than BfA, not that it sounds as they are doing what they are supposed to do. I’ll buy it, but if in the first 2 months I’m not happy with the pvp system I’ll cancel my subscription and wait for TBC, because there will probably be a year between SL release and Classic TBC release.

Oh, and I don’t disagree with you, I also don’t like one bit what Ion & company did to the game. I didn’t really enjoy WoW anymore since they launched Legion, not for more than a month at a time. But still, the very start of SL will probably still bring a modicum of fun.

Well why do you think it’s this way. The dev team has to deal with feedback like this. Or this game is shi t. Just give good feedback. Like some ppl are currently doing on the alpha forum.

I am ashamed how bad the community is. You can still give good feedback while being nice.

And I’m pretty sure I don’t actually have a good time spamming m+. And that there isn’t really an equal alternative, not really. So if you happen to find that as your cup of tea, the game’s great. Otherwise…

Edit: and the worst thing about this? It doesn’t actually come down to things that are hard to do, such as new content. WoD, for example, was a weak expansion in terms of content, and no matter how much people would shout at the devs, content isn’t easy to deliver. You need artists, level designers, encounter designers, a whole bunch of people and many thousands of man hours before you can create content of the quality WoW normally has. But systems? Legion and BfA suffered because of the game systems and nothing else. There is a ton of content in the game, but the systems that underline it feel totally crap for a whole bunch of people. And systems could easily be improved upon. It’s probably as easy as editing a few .json files, as long as you put the proper thing in them. And it’s not like they need to invent these systems people keep asking for. They already existed in the past. All they need to do is put them back in the game.

1 Like

Not sure if you are aware, but it works both ways currently. My best in slot essence comes from rated Arena, not even BGs. Though I don’t particularly play BfA and only do fun things with friends, its still a hassle.

I’m not aware about everything but I was asked by guildies to help them get higher rating on my alts for PvP trinkets because what’s funny they scale better than any raid one on their spec. I have nothing against PvE players. I respect them and the fact that we both cannot coexist and have fun sucks. For some reason Ion thinks this is better. Nezekan - this char was parked in Aral’Dazar in June year ago when I quit. It was last day of season 2. Imagine - I played mainly PvP and I only had 3 PvP items while I was 2100+. Unless you’re 2400+ PvP isn’t reliable source of gear.

@Kelthrian - saying that I didn’t provide constructive feedback means you don’t know me. I typed A4 pages in every beta forum I was invited since MoP. I added a lot of ingame feedback. I made a lot of posts over the years but I’m just tired of their excuses. BfA was clearly not tested because among these 800 fired Blizzard employees from last year majority were Q&A testers. BfA wasn’t tested at all and we were doing their job for free because Blizzard or rather Activision wanted to save money.

They are literally spitting in your face. Maybe Ion doesn’t want to provide such garbage but he is doing anything what he can with budget he was provided with. Maybe the problem is lack of resources from Activision. Who knows but the fact he pretends to have explanation for everything and these excuses of RPG element or saying that corruptions were meant to make ilvl more significant are laughable. Pretending that they see corruptions as success. Providing generic essences because players complained about underwhelming class design. Openly stating that Enh, Ele and Shadow Priest are unfinished until 8.1 and if someone wants to play range Mail wearer there is Hunter is another slap. I wouldn’t type it if I didn’t care about WoW but I care - I really do. WoW was my favourite game for years. My problem with it is that I cannot play my favourite game because it is different game right now. Playing it in the way I enjoyed the most is impossible and old versions that I enjoyed are not available anymore or maybe yet.

Also I’m very disappointed with Blizzard’s PR. For years I asked on arena forums for crowdfunding for Arena players who spend a lot of their time to be good at the game and provide us with excitment. Finally Blizzard introduced that toy and many of ua bought it. It was huge disappointment when Blizzard announced that they will only give 250 k $ as every year and take everything extra into their pocket. Basically we sponsored prize pool instead of providing extra money to the people we wanted to support. That’s one of the reasons I truely disrespect Activision.

I played a bit of classic recently but it’s not for me. I need arenas. Classic don’t have them. My sub ends in 2 weeks. My only hope is TBC now.

3 Likes

Ion fails to communicate with the player base, unlike ghostcrawler whom responds and communicates with player base on twitter when he was a lead dev.

1 Like

ITT: armchair developers with their opinions and spreading fake news. Another day on the WoW forums.

5 Likes

So do you think that WoW is great since Ion took over game directing and that there is no problem?

Not a fan of some of his work in WoW but somehow I feel comparing all the people who use this ridiculous stick to beat him with, lon in the context of lawyer qualifications and skills would be like comparing Lionel Hutz to Jose Baez.

The internet “I have a qualification in Law from Wikipedia!!”

He didn’t say that. At No point whatsoever did he say that Lon was responsible for “WoW is great since Lon took over game directing and that there is no problem?”

You read it that way because you wanted validation of your viewpoint.

2 Likes

You completely missed the point… This was irony as he agreed with me in many posts before… But I’m already used to people being not able to read between the lines.

Your mistake is that you are playing wow for only pvp content and everyone knows wow is the worst pvp game out there, ask any pro arcade/fps player, they will laugh at you if you said you are a wow pvper.

You play wow for mmorpg and not for pvp. Mmorpg means you play all, pve and pvp.

Your mistake is telling me that I’m playing any game wrong. Also I play fgc, mobas and rtses but my favourite game was always WoW arena and before Ion took over game directing I could play this way. Also I remember that back in Wrath and early Cata community was spread 50-50 between raiding and PvP and single battlegroups had as many PvP players as WoW overall now. It shrinked because of stupid decisions by Blizzard not because it was bad.

I have this narration that PvP in WoW was always bad. There were design flops like everywhere but it worked. Also saying that playing PvP in game with two factions that cannot communicate and war in it’s name sounds a bit silly.

2 Likes

People are insisting that rewards that shouldn’t be tied to activities, you should just get them for doing whatever you want in the game. The game shouldn’t be designed to give you different rewards for different activities, rewarding players who choose to master the entirety of the game more than those who focus on dominating one niche. Nah, you should be able to do whatever niche you want, and still get all the top rewards. Why should someone who doesn’t want to do m+, pvp or raiding not get 475 gear? That doesn’t make sense, we should just give gear to everyone for doing just about anything.

1 Like

It shouldn’t be tied to pet battles though.

There must be 4 options yea, A Torghastlike (Horrific Visions) option, Raiding, Mythic+, Rated PvP.

There must be more than 2 ways of acquiring good items instead of 1-2 and Raid trinkets must not dominate Arena, just disable PvE trinkets if you can’t balance them properly Blizzard…

Sarcasm aside, I legitimately believe people who want to dominate others in pvp should have to dominate the entire game. If someone chooses to focus only on PVP, that should be fine to get you 95% of the way, but if you want that 5% extra advantage, you should have to go and seek it out. The people with these trinkets, they have put so much more effort that they have earned their advantage. MMO combat is never about actual skill, it is about meta-skill in knowing the game, knowing the progression and navigating through it most efficiently. This is why excessive RNG in gear is a problem - it takes away any skill involved in the game.

There’s games where the pvp is just about the skill and there’s zero gear progression. But WoW isn’t that. In any game, your performance in competitive activities should be directly tied to your mastery of the game as a whole. If you were playing R6: Siege, you can’t just master one map and be good at the game. You have to master everything. Same thing here. It doesn’t take that much time to run the boss(es) that you need once a week. If you don’t want to spend that time, I think it’s fair that you don’t get that edge.

1 Like

You forgot roleplayers… you’d be a horrible Game Director.

1 Like

That sounds like the type of stuff I’d tell people to mess with them on purpose
Hard doubt, they didn’t ask you to ‘buy’ classic, because you already owned the base game, same for BC, I doubt they’ll double dip

The PvP gear situation is a rough one and afaik not one they’ve publically addressed yet

If they’re not returning PvP specific stats or capping PvE gears ilvl and downscaling when it goes over it there is probably going to be a repeat of BFA gear acquisition for PvP

The main issue is gear acquisition in PvP.
Overpowered PvE trinkets? That’s just a manifestation of gear acquisition not offering better trinkets from PvP
Slow gearing process compared to PvE? That’s just a manifestation of the RNG element + bar grind you have to complete for an item that’s a part of getting PvP gear

If they change gear acquisition they can fix the problem OP poses without touching anyone else on that list

Ahh. of course. THAT line.

How quaint…

And the fact he or she has agreed with you in posts before in no way shape or form deviates from the fact that at no point in his statement did he state that “WoW is great since Lon took over game directing and that there is no problem?”

That isn’t irony as you put it, that’s just denialism. Again, at no point in the following post , and this will be the 3rd time I will try to make it clear…

What EXACTLY should I be reading between what lines to draw the conclusion that he or she declared unequivocally that there has been no problem with WoW since Lon became Lead developer?

is he or she trying to be facetious? Duplicitous? Or is he, or she as is plainly obvious to everyone who reads it, having a pop at as they put it, “armchair developers” who haven’t the slightest idea what goes on in Blizzard development but somehow, along with their wikipedia law degree, also have a diploma in game design from wikipedia, ergo they know everything that goes on.