Ion take my levels!

In the Q&A today, he asked how we would feel about loosing some levels for a smoother leveling and feel. Personally I would throw them at him, what about you guys?

57 Likes

i think its time to stop the pruning and removing of stuff.

31 Likes

I haven’t watched it yet, buy why in the unholy name of Cthulhu would we need to give up something for the smooth levelling we used to have?

9 Likes

^ pretty much this. i dont care at all which number is stated. if at all it demotivates to see you are i. e. level 70 but still “have to” go 50 more levels. thats as much as from level 1 in other games. i would absolutely LOVE a level squish.

normally i would be with you. but 120 effing levels. next xpac it will be 130. to be honest: i would prefer to lose some “level” but get more thingies to actually play with in return.

13 Likes

I think is Time to reduce the lvl … 120 it’s a big number …

8 Likes

They should cut it in half, 60 instead of 120.

16 Likes

I have nothing against a level squish.

5 Likes

Level squish doesn’t mean faster leveling, because level can be cut in half and xp gains the same.

8 Likes

thats not what the squish is for. it is meant to provide a sense of reward without getting too powerful.

It’s not the level squish that dazzled me, but Ion saying that every level we’d get an ability or talent row, that’s progress. Now all we need is more talents, more more more.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t be upset at a level squish. What level I am doesn’t bother me, but mentally 1-120 does look a bit intimidating.

If they do a level squish, I’ll support it.

9 Likes

The thing is I feel a little better when I ding, doing it 50% less would demoralise me.

120 is just a number but the more dings the merrier.

5 Likes

For me ‘dinging’ without gaining anything seems a bit pointless. If I ‘dinged’ less but gained something each time I ‘dinged’ I would be all for it.

7 Likes

We dont need a Level Squish, Just have New Chars start at lvl 100 instead of lvl 1 or 20, Do this with a new expansion that reachers the Max lvl to 160, And then just remove the 100 for cosmetic reasons and GG That way you are still 160 but you just look 60

6 Likes

I think it would be weird and perhaps even confusing really.

There are 100s of ways to deal with this, but removing X levels? Then what? They scale everything again? Please, not even more scaling.

“DING” Congrats! Aaaaand you’re weaker than before.

What Rabies says could be a nice suggestion; start at level X instead of 1. DH/DK style.

6 Likes

Knowing Ion it’ll be paragon levels. You’ll level up, get a box and find you didn’t really.

11 Likes

that would be fine for me too :smiley:

Level squish will be useless if they keep same stupid system … now you have last spell at lvl 80 and last talent lvl 100 after squish you will have max lvl 60 and last spell will be on 30 …

Because … blizz …

2 Likes

I was just thinking the other day that would ESO style levelcap + scaling work in WoW. Max level would be like 60 and EVERY zone is scaled from 1 to 60. When they release a new expansion, players can start leveling in those new zones immediately without grinding the old content first. It does work in ESO but lorewise, it is a bit awkward

1 Like

Yea and people would expect it to take HALF the time to reach max level.

As if it isn’t absurdly fast for an MMO as it is.

It’s all part of a wider effort to see levelling removed.

You know what I would want to see? An improved levelling experience at the CONTENT level so it’s an experience one would want to spend a good amount of time doing.

As he alluded to, whenever convenience is added it’s so hard to take away without the comfort babies crying salt crystals. Let’s face it, this is an argument of convenience-- because just halving the levels but keeping the time to reach max identical seems kind of pointless, no? You still have to wait just as long to get spells, only you see half as many bright ‘ding’ animations.

No. As I said before it’s like an idiotic public backed cheap ‘dispose of the problem’ instead of actually solving it.

Levelling should be a canvass for content, and constantly trimming away the edges until it’s postage stamp sized doesn’t leave much to paint on.