Ironman for classic is done

This guy died so many times but in the end he finally made it.

Big congrats to Phelecar!

3 Likes

Yes he’s already been on here to celebrate himself:

1 Like

Whats Ironman?

Visit the other thread, he describes the rules. Although there’s stuff in there about gems and heirlooms so it’s clearly been copied from somewhere else.

1 Like

Wait a minute, doesn’t Ironman include a “no death” clause?

Edit: Also not Classic options.

Also, no Heirlooms of any sort.
thus no socketed gems, enchanting or reforging
No specializations, talent points, or glyphs
No food buffs or other external buffs (this includes buffs from items and other players) I buff everyone I can, I don’t know about you.
No battlegrounds/arenas.
No guild perks.

It does.
He died on his previous iron man charracters.

He stuck to the rules and his journey encompassed 25 characters where he finally made it on the 25th without dying once from 1-60.

2 Likes

fk thats useless

4 Likes

I thought that too?

he has died on other characters, deleted them and started again with a new character.

Fair play to his commitment, but let’s be honest…what’s the point?

Would rather have spent the time getting 2-3 different classes to 60 instead, than going through 25 just because you died once.

Why though

People find enjoyment in all kinds of challenges.

Why play single player on the hardest mode possible, when you can do it on easy? This is meant to mirror that level of difficulty and quite frankly, it’s a pretty good achievement in my eyes.

There are some rules I have a hard time understanding though…

• All gear employed must be White or Grey. Also, no Heirlooms of any sort.

The gear should be obtained solo by the character, but why limit the quality level ? It’s not like blues or epics rain from the sky when you solo…

• No specializations, talent points, or glyphs. This restriction also applies to talent points for pets.

This is even more retarded. Talents and pet skills are part of the classes.

• No professions or secondary skills. An exception is made for First Aid.
  • No potions/flasks/elixirs (except those labeled as quest Items).
  • No food buffs.
  • No gear enhancement(s), thus no enchanting.

Why ? You’re out in the wild with no help, the idea is to craft stuff with the things you find. Crafting is in the spirit of Iron Man.

Those seem to be pretty silly rules to me.

1 Like

So do your own. The other guy used these.

1 Like

The idea is that he did it almost naked (white gear and weapons). How many can do that you think? There are a huge community in speedrunning and sometimes they run games by doing all 100%, sometimes speed is the goal, or restrictions like kill no monsters at all. Ironman is one of those sections and grats to that guy for giving it a go on this game!

1 Like

It doesn’t matter if you GET buffed by a stranger, you just have to immediately cancel it.

It doesn’t disqualify you the second you get buffed.

1 Like

If you don’t like it, don’t do it. Simple as that.

Definitely, I was just questioning the logic of those rules considering I know the original Iron Man challenge. Aren’t forums for discussion ?

As far as I know he just copy-pasted the original ICM rules.
If you want to question those, the IronMan forum would be the place to ge.
http://wowironmanchallenge.proboards.com/