Is Baine dead yet?

Don’t shift the goalposts. You said the Horde (or Forsaken) could not raise humans anymore. Said it was “technically” not true, when I said “how the Horde is capable of raising any humam that dies as soldiers for the Horde?!!?”, but they could before the val’kyr and they still can after, just not in great numbers.

We had a chance with Tyrande Whisperwind, Jaina Proudmoore and Genn Greymane, but all we get is renewel, Oh-crazy-phase-but-am-good-now, or Not-all-Forsaken.

Give me an example of a necromancer from the Horde who raised dead people during WoW and I’ll agree

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Gunther_Arcanus

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Helcular

Gunther Arcanus isn’t said to have brought back anyone from the dead in WoW, neither is Helcular. I’ll give you a point for Helcular all the same since he was resurrected by his Forsaken apprentice

1 Like

Pretty sure Helcular can raise Skeletons or even Ghouls at the very least. He is supposed to be not just a necromancer but even a “half-Lich” technically.

Anyway the Forsaken could just “recruit” a lot from the ranks of the Scourge now …nowadays without the Lich King, it just takes strong-willed Undead to sway the will of the lesser ones and bring them to their ranks. San’layn can do this, but also Dark Rangers for example.

Also population numbers are barely acknowledged to have importance by the writing team anyway…otherwise races like Night Elves after the burning of Teldrassil, Void Elves who can’t have children “in the normal way” because of the corruption of the Void and Worgen who can only give birth to a Human baby (without the Worgen curse) would be on the brink of extinction now, and wouldn’t be able to do almost anything in the story anyway too…

1 Like

The Alliance could recruit Scourge too and already tried with Calia, so what is your point?

Baine needs to die. Filthy traitor sold us out to his alliance friends. He is a vermin that plagued the faction for far too long.

1 Like

After seeing him falling and now sitting in Oribos I think he is already dead. At least inside.

1 Like

Just pointing out that the Black Dragons had no problem getting children “the normal way”, they just craycray.

Then again, Wrathion was one of those children and the Twilight Dragon (mount) from N’zoth too and they both were saved from corruption by the player (and a red dragon).

Depends, we see in Silverpine that the Gilnean worgen started recruiting from non-Gilneans to become worgen. And we have those night elf worgen in Felwood. Also, every Gilnean was evacuated from Teldrassil so there could be quite alot of worgen still around, just not solely Gilnean!

???

He is a useless cow. The sooner he dies and gets replaced by Magatha the faster the Tauren can recover from their time sitting in a lore hole and finally do something productive for the Horde instead of being the race who is full of alliance apologism.

I make the difference between skeletons raised for a fight and real undead. By your logic, it means that the Death Knights of Horde races can contribute to raising the dead for their faction, but they don’t

I take it that it’s a theory of yours and not something proved in the game or lore. What happened after Sylvanas shattered the Helm of Domination confirmed that members of the Scourge, that mainly consist of ghouls based on what we saw, can’t be reasoned with. They’re in too deep.

Where does that affirmation come from?

I’d love to see Wrathion react to that statement. He was an experiment of the Red Dragonflight and suffered a lot while they used twisted means to cleanse his egg. He hates Red Dragons nearly just as much as he hated corrupted Black Dragons, seeing how his relationship with this flight evolves is one key point of his upcoming development during Dragonflight. The mount looted on N’Zoth was purified by Wrathion, not the player, and nothing indicates that experimental flights became infertile, it most likely affected the Aspects and their broods.

Get your headcanon out of here.

Wrathion has no love for the Reds, but he does not hate them. He just wants to be his own dragon and not a black dragon raised by the red dragonflight.

“Tell them that I am free of my father’s madness, and I will be free of them as well. I am to be left alone: this will be my first and only warning.”

Doesn’t sound like he hates them, just that he wants to be left alone doesn’t it?

Playing on words as usual and using few sources. Add « War Crimes » to your list and you’ll see that it’s a bit deeper than an absence of love for the Red Dragons. Funny how you chose to ignore the other points I made in my previous comment to focus on semantics.

Let’s see happens after that, shall we?

Wrathion says: Tell them that I am free of my father’s madness, and I will be free of them as well. I am to be left alone: this will be my first and only warning.

Mostrasz says: But… But Deathwing’s minions may have you killed…

Wrathion says: Deathwing’s minions should be afraid of ME. Get him out of here.

Wrathion says: And Fahrad?

Fahrad says: Yes sir?

Wrathion says: Break his legs.

Bit extreme coming from someone who just wants to be left alone. And here is what happens to Mostrasz: he was killed by Wrathion.

Wrathion says: Your eyes do not deceive you…the treacherous red dragonflight sought to kill me off! I hope now you see the truth about them.

There is no proof that Mostrasz actually tried to murder Wrathion and it wouldn’t make much sense. But you’re right, Wrathion clearly only wants to be left alone by the Reds :upside_down_face:

1 Like

The WoW books are terrible examples to “prove” lore aspects. They get retconned faster than CGolden writing a new book about Anduin.

We shouldn’t ever take book lore as real.

…so are all other lore sources, though. There is nothing that’s save from retcons and contradictions. The whole lore is a mess.

1 Like

Until any element of a novel is retconned by later sources, it’s still canon. That’s how it works. If you seriously think that lore elements from the game are more trustworthy or last longer, I don’t know how to tell you it’s wrong without writing a whole essay about the inconsistencies found in the game alone. Last fyi though, all the quotes in my previous comment are from the game, since that’s the source Shadowtwili based his incomplete argumentation on.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.