Is BFA scaling still busted?

RNG like titanforging isn’t the answer though, there can be deterministic ways to upgrade our characters. But my point is, in any RPG your character gets stronger as you level up. This is what levels mean. Progression shouldn’t ONLY be possible at max level, this is completely backwards.

Well, for players like me there can’t. Because deterministic methods stop way too quickly. End of the line. Boredom. Quitting.

It’s already happened; I’ve canceled my sub (I have about a month left).

I agree with that, but it isn’t only possible at max lvl. I definitely got upgrades whilst leveling (even though I didn’t get any in the first zone and only 2 or 3 in the second… so yeah; it did take a while).

Reason titanforging is bad is because it gives casual players gear they didn’t deserve and force those who actually do the harder content to smash their heads in the keyboard and never be done with gearing. You don’t need 20-25 more ilvls to keep doing random bgs, mythic+0 or raidfinder but you do need gear if you wanna be competitive pushing keys doing rated pvp or progressing mythic.

It’s not up to you to say who deserves what. I take issue with that.

So limit TF to world quest rewards. Problem solved. :nerd_face:

Always this reply. Always. /sigh

It’s not about ‘need’. Many people don’t NEED things in a game, but they WANT it.
I want upgrades, because they’re fun. I like getting stronger and do the content I like doing more easily/faster because that’s fun. It’s always about fun. Fun is king.

I dont disagree with you on that but it also gave an instentive to ‘deserving players’ to do lesser content (when they are not toxic ) they could lead groups and help others thus bring fresh raiding/m+ blood to the game. Now there is no reason for me to do normal outside of the last two and I am a 3/10H scrub. It a few weeks (RNG vault pending) there will be no reason to do normal at all (LFR there was never a reason) Titanforging gave a reason (along with Legendary drops in Legion) .

Do you remember the EN/ToV/NH N/H/(EN only)M runs they were great.

Titanforging wasn’t all bad, there is a reasonable argument for it in the game, but it is an emotive point with Mythic raiders in particular disliking it (I do feel with some there is an element of gatekeeping here - I’m special you are not get out!)

Yes, I did this for the Glory achievements. I think the WoD ones were all soloable but Legion had a few that needed groups (throwing mead at Odyn etc.).
I was looking forward to heading back and doing the Glory of BFA dungeons and maybe the raids too (with some help).
I’m think I’m in a sizeable group of people who enjoy soloing older content, I’m not sure Blizzard are aware of how big this group really is. When they wished to remove Flying I think they were surprised by the reaction of such a large portion of their playerbase. I wonder how we can make Blizzard aware of the size of this group. Back in WoD I cancelled my sub the day I read the announcement that flying was going, I assume a lot of other did too. But then it was a flood of leavers in a short time, not sure a trickle of leavers over a longer time will have the same impact.

This is usually the time when I start to go back and do such things, I’ve done most of what I want to on my main, will wait for flying before levelling my alts and so I’m in a lull of content that I usually fill with older content. I do have transmog runs to do for WoD and Legion (but whilst Legion is two expac ago now it’s not soloable).

Ion doesn’t do old raids, so people say.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.