Is Blizzard ever gonna address this?

Hey, this is probarbly just gonna sound like another of those QQ threads complaints so apologies in advance.

So basically i’ve been leveling a Kul Tiran since the release and finally reached the end and i wanted to share some of my views in terms of experience and encounters while i was leveling and want to dismiss the stereotypical “Lol you can just turn off Warmode LOL!” kind of people… Yes i know that’s a thing and that was nowhere near the issue…

So long story “short” while i’ve been leveling i had my Warmode enabled obviously, during my encounters i faced alot of frustration and very little satisfaction of intrest when it came to leveling, what i mean about that was durring my leveling stages i died like 200 times, i’m not a person who walk around killing everyone i see, so i’m not the one provoking a fight from mains or whatever. Anyways - about 198 of my deaths was caused not because this guy was so much better than me and lost in a fair fight, nope… You see, those 198 times i died was because of Level 120 players. Why is this a bad thing you might ask? i’m alright to dying as i’m well aware Warmode is an indication of agreements to be killed by other players. MY PROBLEM however is i don’t think players should be scaled like this as it’s creating a very frustrating and destructive behaviour for both experienced, casual and NEW players… What do i mean about that?

Well, nobody’s gonna find this game anywhere near balance or fun to bother ever toggling WM on again given how EVERYWHERE you go you’ll face nothing but 120 players.

Elwynn Forest? 120 Hunter
Duskwood? 120 Rogue, 120 Hunter, 120 Warrior, 120 Druid
Westfall? 120 Druid 120 Death Knight
Stranglethorn? 120 Rogue 120 Hunter 120 Druid 120 Rogue 120 Warrior 120 Mage 120 Warlock 120 Mage 120 Rogue
etc etc etc… You get the point…

So my point of this thread is as follows: Why doesn’t blizz scale WPVP to it’s levels or just add a level system / scaling method as a whole? being level 20 and camped by 5 people 24/7 is not concidered fun content, i’m sure the MAJORITY of the population that plays the game by now is roughly 120, they gain nothing but satisfaction of 1 shooting someone because they can’t fight anybody their own levels, Assults or events brings out 50 120 Hordes, or 50 120 Alliances vs a bunch 100’s-115’s how’s that fair shard scaling?
Why can’t WPVP toggle be from Classic regions that are 1-60 to be either MAX level 60 WPVP, or 10 levels above/below I.e. if you’re 20 you’re only capable of sharding with people between 10-30, gives everyone a fighting chance and creates a more balanced enviorment for people to actually enjoy the WPVP aspects instead of constantly be outrunned and hunted down through 1 shots, for BfA i’d say keep 110-119 in 1 WPVP sharding system and implement another for 120 ONLY!

You guys have any thoughts on this? am i way off or right within reasonable limits here? i know it’s just my personal opinion, but i just don’t see how people logging 120’s ganking lowbies to then bring their mains to then gank the opposite factions because of 1 Ahole wanting to kill lowbies and spread it like a plague would be concidered fun content… You already removed boosting alternatives through Exp sharing from dungeons, what purpose does a level 20 standing up to a 120 got anything of value other than pissing that level 20 off, possibly making him leave the game ?

Haha! 200 times!
get rekt :rofl:

8 Likes

To be honest I kind of agree, I don’t think I have had a single pvp encounter with someone at my own level while leveling with warmode in zuldazar or kul tiras. But that might be hard to change, because of the seperated leveling zones. Of course you will only face lvl 120s, theyre the only ones who had unlocked world quests. The lvl 110-119 players of the other faction are sitting comfortably in their “friendly” leveling island.

Not true, i often meet Hordes in Kul Tiras and Alliance on Zandalar… Sure there might be slightly less battle going on, but 40 level 120’s vs 35 110-119’s and 5 120 can hardly be concidered a fight either way.

It’s pretty normal… Players are in general douches in WM. They attack; when your low on hp, while fighting, when they outnumber or out level you. Or well, sit on a questgiver, flightpath just to get free kills etc. If it’s even most players will avoid fights 99% of the time.

Welcome to warmode enjoy your stay. :laughing:

Well it’s completely unrelated comparisson to be attacked on low health vs someone who 1 shoots you but. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was mostly just kidding around. You make a good point, however this behaviour your describing ain’t anything new at all.

Even in Vanilla you got oneshot by primarly Undead Rogues at nessingwarys, had NE hunters shotting Aimshots at you from top of the tower in the crossroads(used to be very easy when the tower had no guards) etc.

I hold my thumbs that you get some sort of fix for it. However It feels like a removal of the “bonus” rewards from WM in itself whould be healthier overall. That way people could had a easier time to decide to opt out if things just become too much for the time being.

Hmm, you didn’t write about meeting a monk in Westfall. Maybe we’re not phased together; cause I’ve been ganking a lot of low levels the past few days, mostly by using [Crackling Jade Lightning], which low levels above 25 can survive if they run!

Really fun. Cu soon.

Btw, For the Horde

Blizz tried lowbie scaling in their testing before bfa went live, I assume they had a good reason for not implementing it. Maybe they realized wpvp, as an open no rules anything goes gankfest, didn’t need lowbie scaling. Lowbies are supposed to be vulnerable, 120s are supposed to one hit them. It’s player choice if that happens, as it should be.

Yeah. If that was the case, why would I even bother to level, when I could stay at gold level 19, get the bis gear and just easily smash 120s. Or at 110 with tier set bonuses + legendaries.

1 Like

Stated that they SHOULDN’T do that :slight_smile: i was merely refering towards why dont they scale WPVP accordingly either through max 10 levels apart, or like If you level through vanilla level requirements to level is 1-60 in the zones, Wotlk and TBC would been what… 60-80 ?? I just dont see what a level 120 character got anything to do with people leveling, they can be 120, they can shard PVP in the biggest population in the game, at max level for level 120 ONLY!.. Leave people to atleast have SOME form of fun with WPVP, the 2-3 matches i died and lost badly was in Azsuna academy thingy, i got annihiliated in the end as we were 3v7’ing, but it was FUN! … Nothing screams fun for ANYBODY when a hunter rogue or any other ranged / dot class chase you on 310% flying speed while all you got is 60, 100 ground, possibly 150% flying or maybe max it out or whatever, then let 1 Garrote kill you through 4 hots, bear form while bear healing and renewal talent + heirloom neck MID AIR

You play on argent dawn. RP servers, dominated by alliance, in their own shard, yet still recieving AOO and increased warmode buff…and you’re STILL whining? This just incentivises me to gank AD alliance even more.

1 Like

Very scary! Ooooooooouuuuuhh Boo!
This Draenei went full Eredar, beware!

Hey dude XD it’s me, one of the 120’s who come to slow the ganking by attacking gankers. I go by this toon or kristaria. You can have the opinion but trust me, once you’re 120 and you come back for revenge you’ll build some messed up bonds and see some weird stuff lol, yesterday I sacrificed and ganked a ganker until he screamed at me on his alt XD the chaos for me adds character to warmode, I know it’s annoying but eventually you’ll look back on those. Stories and laughI. Wish you the best with levelling though, stranglethorn and duskwood are notorious for the chaos some people are even known and hunted for it. I owe them my thanks for being cruel bastards to me. Gives me content and, banter I enjoy

1 Like

They tried scaling in BfA pre-patch and the qq from the player base meant they never developed the idea.

Pre-patch was too extreme, 110’s in raiding gear were losing 1 v1 2 v1 , against level 60’s and 70’s

The idea was worth exploring and developing imo, but the resistance from the player base was high.

1 Like

When I lvled my mage on a pvp realm back in Legion I think I only got 1 kill in Azuna, when a warlock attacked me. Besides that, it was mostly being ganked to kingdom come (specially in Suramar). I’m not QQ’ing. It was my choice to play on PvP server.

When I lvled my rogue with warmode there could have been tons of times when I would have been ganked if I didn’t have stealth, so I get what the OP is saying, but warmode is even more optional than pvp servers, so he gets no sympathy from me.

I’m not sure how this could work, but they could bracket people based on the levels of the zone. So if a lvl 120 went to any zone he would only see people above 110. And the lowbies could wpvp in peace, except ganking each other.

1 Like

Lol I haven’t been in wmode patrol for ages. Look like you have been naughty.

Fun fact I found a really spicy way that Alliance rogues can kill other Alliance players in Stormwind AND get away from anyone through a phased area which you can go in-out of. I tried ganking some Alliance this time and it was hella fun.

Turn off warmode if you don’t like it.

I leveled from 20 to 111 in warmode, on a high pop server, 2 weeks ago. I didn’t die to the opposite faction a single time. You were really unlucky.

I say turn it off, bc it’s the very same with pvp/pve servers. I always played on a pvp server and died countless times to campers etc. You know have the option to level in pve or pvp mode. If a 120 in bfa makes you trouble you can go turn it off. With a 110 in legion or a 100 in wod or a 90 in pandaria or a 80 in wotlk or a 70 in tbc or a 60 in vanilla on a pvp server you never had this option and you didn’t even get a reward.

Do you know why i liked pvp servers? People often downright hated the opposing faction, bc of their leveling experience. They should have made this expanson war mode only and you would really have a faction friction.

Death to the hord, you filthy stv low level killers!

2 Likes

The problem is that you don’t have the server community anymore. Back before sharding, the server communities were important. If you asked for help on a PvP server cause you were getting ganked, you would get a response.

Also, it’s not called Stranglethorn Vietnam for no reason.

You still can do that, ask for help - but with PvP communities and LFG, both cross-realm. Yes, social structure of single servers got smudged a bit, but in return you have whole region of servers for possible help when you need it, since anyone can go to your shard when you invite them to your group.

2 Likes