Is destro fun in 10.2?

Hi yall,

Do you recommend destro in pvp/pve?

For pve? Definitely not.

For pvp? No idea.

No.

I do not recommend warlock at all right now.

Forget damage, what they did for lock since aberrus is beyond belief. Not in a good way.

1 Like

Nah.
Not in the State destro is right now with the new tier set.
There is even speculation to not play the new tier set in M+ cause dimensional rifts are way worse then chaos incarnate on full AoE.
Demo lock is the only viable option atm when you aren’t a fan of affli or destro like me who just plays affli cause I like the specc after all.
Warlock is in a bad state atm and no changes in sight atm…

The only viable Warlock spec in PvE right now is Demonology, even tho I absolutely hate the new RNG tier set and playing awkward “naked” tyrant.

Destruction 10.2 tier is an abomination in PvE. It synergizes with nothing, it has zero value in M+ and AoE scenarios. If you, for some ungodly reason, plan to play Destruction in M+ you don’t even pick rifts cause they are loss of DPS - so basically you don’t use your tier at all. It might be “okay-ish” in single target but even here demonology is just better. No aura buff will fix how terrible Destruction is right now. It needs a complete overhaul, Destro skill tree alone is full of dead active spells (not just passive talents) nobody uses (e.g. you only take shadowburn to get to the passive) and silly decisions (having cataclysm in a choice node for example).

Do yourself a favor and play Demonology, I know it sucks but Demo is the only well-rounded spec that can do decent AoE and Single Target at the same time. It’s fairly easier to play than it was in SL and it looks like this is the go-to spec until the next expansion.

1 Like

Short answer…for pvp…no to all 3 specs.
For pve, demo is good for m+ and that’s it.

If you are masochist, then yes

You are not wrong with destro being in a bad spot but the whole pont of not picking rifts is 100% off!
And dont come and say that you know because you play destro, i have looked you up on warcraft logs and 0 logs as destro in m+, only as demo.
The destro 4-piece is a huge dps increase in both aoe and ST, the problem is that its in a choice node with Chaos inc and the fact that its based on RNG procs from immolate!
I have been able to pull 170k on destro on m+ with decent gear and for any casual destro is still just as viable as demo or affi!
Destro does not need a overhaul, what it needs is changes to how its played so its more fluid and less reliant on rng when it comes to its tier.

Also i know wowhead says you are suppose to go chaos incarnate for aoe but he truth is that really skilled players go rift as it is better, both dps and movement wise. If you go to Kalamazi site he has no aoe build where you go chaos inc, he has mention that chaos inc is “slightly” better than rift with tier but that is if have constant aoe.
For any casual players and high skilled going with your tier is just better.

While demo is numerically better, destro is just fine in raids, maybe not cutting edge mythic but for heroic it does good numbers, portals are quite fun when the procs roll in…

For m+ however the node path and changes to tree talents means it’s a bit awkward there, demo will get far more dmg with less effort in m+

I don’t think it helps in m+ that if portals on a target and it dies, it just does nothing/no way to retarget with it, at least with channel demon fire would hit another target (if for applied) if main target died.

So yer if your just a hc raider like me, destro is more than fine and quite fun in raid

If your pushing mythic raid and want to be best, go demo

The problem is that destro has 2x the amount of ramp up time demo has.
And when there are classes like ret and havoc doing 500 on pull its hard to keep up.
The Tier is in okay for casual but as you said, high end content its dog crap

For mythic+ the ramp is a lot longer, though there’s a cata build that feels better (make cata baseline!) in raid destro can get started pretty quick and is quite bursty on the pull at least, but yer m+ demo still so much less effort for better results

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.