Is Elune-Night Warrior connected to domination magic?

I recently replayed the BFA scenario where Tyrande bacame the Night Warrior. While searching for her, i believe just before we encounter the plague mechanic and before we witness the Night Warrior ritual, we see a bunch of dead orcs and horde warriors seemingly scorched by her, BUT there are domination runes under them. One for each dead. Am i crazy here? My first thought is that the ritual requires sacrifice. Or maybe the ritual is to bind the essence of Elune in a vessel. namely enslaving her. Why would they put domination runes there? They didnt have an esthetic reason or anything, it was in a forest. Thoughts?

3 Likes

If we assume that domination magic could be expressed as runes, they would have to be “Maw-style”. Example: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/EL4zwN (runecarver runes)

I am not sure I recognize any of the runes, but maybe I did not pay attention. Could you point out any specific runes that would be like the ones on the Jailer / Runecarver / Frostmourne?

As Tyrande herself says, “night warrior lives within me”. What could that mean - not even sure to be honest.

There is another quest https://wow.gamepedia.com/Make_Some_Noise_(Alliance) where the blessing of Elune is required, so Elune seems to be free enough to grant one.

What is more peculiar, that it’s one of places, the horde version of the quest to be precise, that draws a parallel that the entity called “Elune” by the night elves, referred to by the taurens as “Earth Mother”. Which might have some peculiar consequences.

gl hf

1 Like

what I thought about this, I think it meens Tyrande consumed the soul of the first nightwarrior and uses its power, but there is a constant battle, where the night warrior tries to get free, most likely why most who becomes the night warrior goes crazy and then dies, becuse they can not bind the night warrior forever, but just for a while.
this is probably the reason the Jailer doesnt seem to be so bothered whit her running arround killing stuff in the Maw eighter becuse he knows she dies eventualy anyways.

3 Likes

Yes, it looks like Elune uses the same necromantic powers that bound the Lich King and made him the spectral being he was.

Life magics, which is most likely the biggest of the different forms of magic along with Death magics. All of this due to the fact that most people are on the living side and wants to further that goal, while they all die in the end anyway.

The First Ones used Domination spells to bind the Jailer and seal him away for all eternity. Now it has turned on them and their prisoner has learned to control his prison and even has a huge reach outside that realm.

But as far as i understand the First Ones are higher, older beeing that the Eternal Ones like Kyrestia, Denathrius and the Winter Queen, although weirdly Kyrestia is called the First Born…(?)…

I’d interpret that as the first born Kyrian personally. if not, this cosmic genealogy is going to get pretty confusing!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.