Is heritage armors still locked race in TWW?

Something only faction for races

I still wanted my Zala troll wear from cool Tauren’s or Darkspear troll’s heritage

Also my Void elf could wear from Night Elf heritage.

1 Like

I don’t think they ever announced that it will be anything other then race specific
That’s the whole point of the heritage armor sets after all

6 Likes

I dont know those kind of demand can appear in heads. Seriously.

Tomorrow a topic called “I want to cast fireball and wearing dresses with my warrior, why can’t I ?make no sense” will pop

“I want to wear Forsaken heritage armor on my lightforged draenei, why not ? make no sense to be not able to”

2 Likes

Personally I’m hoping to get to use guns on my druid and wands on paladin. Also wear plate on rogues. It makes perfect sense if you don’t think about it.

1 Like

Yes because reasons…

WoW managed 15 years without this backwards race-locking.

Funny how it’s quite apparent that the initial heritage armours were suppose to be equipable by everyone as seen by the fact that anyone can preview them. But then enter the genius idea of backwards game design that serves nothing other than a gameplay element with a fancy term with no actual thought slapped on top of it.

Yeah obviously it would be able too, the armor system they have in place converts all existing armor to fit the races that use their appearance, this is done by taking a baseline which is often designed on human characters and then stretching it out to fit the other races models. Did you think they custom tailored every appearance to properly fit every race? why do you think everything starts clipping the moment you stop transmogging on a human?

Obviously if you put heritage armor in this baked in method of making armor take different shapes on different races it will do what it does best; convert them to fit the other races models.

This doesn’t mean that it was ever planned originally in the heritage armor that it would be opened up, maybe it will in the future, maybe it will not, but inherently it was designed to be race specific.

And sure, you can call it backwards game design, personally I call it attention to worldbuilding and I appreciate it that there’s still areas in the game where they do things like this.

I really want to wield a 2 handed axe with strength on my mage. And double wield with an agility polearm. For transmog purposes. In a heroic raid. Makes no sense I can’t do it. What? Can’t I just pick up a weapon and hold it? REEEEEEEEEEEEe

1 Like

These restrictions are anything but world building. Yeah the armor might be world building but the restriction itself is just another element of ludonarrative dissonance this game got, like with the faction barrier.

For some magical reason, no one born of the wrong race even if the wholly grew up in their culture, or someone who is deemed exalted aka the pinnacle of what a faction represent. Is allowed to represent that culture with their cultural clothing… After 15 years where this was a non-issue both gameplay wise and storywise.

Yes, it is still locked.

Neither of these comparisons are relevant here. We are not talking about what weapons can be worn or what spells can be cast.

Fair enough standpoint yeah, though we disagree on what seems plausible; to me if I saw an elf in lets say the orc heritage armor, as an RP-er I would have questions, did he kill the previous owner and wore it for himself? probably not elves aren’t built like orcs. How did he convince an orc to give him such culturally specific gear? why would he want such culturally specific gear?

To me its on that level of humans in orgrimmar or orcs in stormwind.
Sure you could think of a reason why, but it’d always feel like a cheap way to bend the insensible in an attempt to portray it as sensible

WoW haven’t put any effort into maintaining strict barriers when it comes to their game’s cultures. Unlike warhammer where i can clearly see that characters will quite quickly get executed for wearing something wrong.

And as an RP-er you should generally be against these restrictions because well… Their restrict. A restriction that is outside you or your rp-ing groups bounds, much like the faction barrier whom blizzard themselves hardly cares about outside of applying it to players.

Same when it comes to the armor weights in genrall. Blizzard when making npc’s rarely cares about them and will slap things together with disregard to their weight type. And beside we players can already become nearly fully naked or wear a variety of outfits representing various armor weights.

I agree because for the longest time being any alliance race just made you humans with non human features (long ears, hooves, tail, fur, wathever you can think of), thankfully they’ve been trying to atleast pull the night elves away from that.

And yes while they restrict I think they do so in a meaningfull way, see the first thoughts I would have when I would see x race in y’s heritage armor, I’m sure you can think of an RP reason to justify it, but I’m also sure that at the very least I would probably in most cases consider the given reasons cheap and unnecesary. If you want to play a warrior elf in troll heritage, does it really need to be an elf? does it really need to be the troll heritage armor? what processes did you go for in character creation that the outcome was to RP X race in the heritage armor of Y race? To me it’d be a red flag on an RP level and I would likely not engage with them.
I wouldn’t bar them from dungeons or content, or even ignore them if they engaged with me, I simply would however not engage with them.

I don’t think that being an RPer would neccesarily mean that you have to believe x or y, not all RPers agree on all topics after all.

For armor types I would agree with it simply because they already opened the flood gates with the cosmetic armor type being just about anything.

Noooooo punyyyyy :dracthyr_cry_animated:

1 Like

Literally the whole point of heritage armor is for that race…

1 Like

Heritage being their origin, right? Wouldn’t really make sense

1 Like