Is Horde RP Active?

people say this, but I find it consistently empty, same with Razor Hill

Could just be I was lucky in truth I aint been there much, but I flew over randomally one time when doing mog runs on my Orc warr, spotted a bunch of rp’ers engaged abit, went n made a criminal alt to follow up on the random convo generated “lead” I created n had fun for a few hours that night, could just be right time right place.

Admittingly I mostly do a rounds of hubs to find something to entertain my self with in the later part of the evening, well after event hours so it could be a contributing factor, even though Alliance hubs like stormwind and Duskwood certainly seems to have RP nearly 24/7

I think Horde is less hub based n more wherever the war/capaigns ect are happening where the guilds are based during that time ect I could be wrong but thats the feel I get when on my horde alts flying about seing if I can spot any rp like yourself mentioning the rounds and such, there are numerous guilds with crazy activity Horde side who engage in huge campaigns with eachother and alliance enemies, I just dont think they have that capitol city/main hub as they used to, as opposed to the Alliance where Stormwind likely wont ever be truelly dead.

1 Like

Cus as a grunt RPer, we were first in line when it came to IC issues. Cus they also caused those by the boatload.

1 Like

Ah, you have my sympathies.

Orgrimmar RP died off after repeated nonsense from a guild that housed people with extremely disgusting tastes.

And the breakaways from that guild are now turning up in Neutral Dalaran guilds.

Org as a hub might be dead, but there’s still hubs out there. Razor Hill is being used as the main hub at the moment, not to mention a lot of Kalimdor aligned guilds will probably be found around Durotar/the Barrens if they’re not pre-occupied in another area, so walk up is still possible you just have to look a smidge harder.

this reminds me of the death of the Defias Brotherhood RP server.

only guild RP was left in end x.x not that i wanna be cynical but it shows that there aint so many players anymore

Nah its not a death theyve basically just lost their capitol for a small time, these things come and go in time, plenty of Horde rp, its just not in Ogrimmar atm.

Most people tried to avoid them. It wasn’t until like… idk 4 forum threads? (Maybe more) of disturbing RP that some actually seemed to fade away.

In fact, a lot of people reached out with very very helpful advice! Which they didn’t heed.

But even now, some still linger like a bad smell. Unapologetic and unwilling to change from their unacceptable behavior.

1 Like

This is another big factor. I think someone else mentioned it before, but it’s hard to overstate how much of a disaster SL has been for player retention: Droves have left the game and many haven’t returned yet.

The effects can be seen on both factions. Though it’s easier to find roleplayers on Alliance side since they’ve always had a larger population of them compared to Horde - despite the loss of players.

Hopefully if the next expansion’s reasonable then people may return? However, the game’s health is very close to the knife’s edge at the moment: If we get another 2 years of horrificly bad story telling/gameplay then it might just be enough to push AD over that edge.

Perhaps, and for my part it will have to be on my return and when my alt is ready, but…

Maybe a Horde initiative to get people comfortable in Orgrimmar again. A week of events spread across the valleys so guilds and groups can just chill. A market, maybe a duelling tournament, race/military meetings and other such.

Things like this can’t happen based on hope alone, a firm and positive nudge in the right direction is required. And as a result of experienced and established RP’ers returning, maybe the quality of new arrivals can be helped too.

:mage: :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Seems like a great idea. I’d be there.

We must retake Orgrimmar…

And give it back to the people, right?

…–Right!? :weary:

pls get horde going again i wanna try it and it desrves to LIVE

You haven’t been paying attention, Horde lives. Even robustly so, just not in Orgrimmar. So I suppose if you are a city gamer, you might think it isn’t…

6 Likes

Come to Razor Hill! We’re gaming …

1 Like

I only just arrived on Horde u_u