Is Horde RP Active?

^
How are things compared to a few months ago? Will I be able to join guilds organically, by just persisting in the world?

Thanks in advance!

Should be able too if you are interested in a certain guild.

If you want to check some RP out, a big campaign in the Barrens just wrapped up, but there are some Horde people still RPing in the Rageroar camp right now!

2 Likes

RP hubs were killed off. Horde side RP is mostly guild based from what it looks like these days. A few events too like the Kosh’harg were good to find some guilds.

Orcs of the Red Blade put out some amazing RP.

1 Like

I saw some screenshots of that campaign. Looked really cool

1 Like

To elaborate, unseemly elements of the community took up space in the valley of honour and decent people fled the area during a weeks long cycle of scandals as being there tainted you by association and the bulk of players don’t feel like coming back after the dust finally settled.

1 Like

Which is both sad and a bit weak if you ask me
it shouldn’t be that a few bad apples spoil the entire batch and even when they are gone (at least I think they are) no one wants to eat from the good pile anyway.

If RP’ers are so easy to push out, what does that not say for the longevity of the server.

It is sad but it is true and like the stormwind lion’s rest and docks situation I staunchly advocate not caving to pressure.

It’s actually not that a few bad elements make a location unworkable but rather the social dynamic of shame and judgement at play. RPing in these places becomes a self inflicted wound since you’re viewed as consorting with witches, perverts and the dreaded second-lifers so rather than asserting RP as a norm in a tainted location you retreat to the comfort of a social circle divorced from the risk of judgement.

A social circle far from the stain of the valley of (dis)honour. Thus Ogrimmar is lost by choice and investing time in reclaiming it takes precious time away from RPing in the new safe zone.

Nothing good and it’s symptom #628 of a RP server in the process of self annihilation.

5 Likes

The valley of honours active rp population steadily tanked throughout BfA, unscrupulous vulpera and their ilk are more a final symptom of the decline, not the original cause.

Though they certainly were part of a “perceptable” (see vulgar, wretched, frighteningly visible) death rattle.

To re-iterate others, seek guilds out in the world. Maybe check out the Horde elements of the Return of the damned campaign advertised on this forum. Most the folks there make up the bulk of the quality Horde RP.

4 Likes

Sounds like you never had to interact with them.

It was vile. It was unfun. It was disturbing. It was borderline criminal. It was done by people who are so thick in the head there was no pushing them out.

1 Like

you are correct I never did, at most I have observed them from a distance which begs the question:
Why -did- you interact with them?

1 Like

Horde RP is going strong, joining guilds organically CAN be difficult since they can be all over the place. I suggest you look up guilds that may interest you and then consult their officers on the best way for you to try out and see if the vibe suits you

4 Likes

Probably the same reason I sometimes tried.

To see if they could be steered away from “kit” roleplay with an erotic tint, if they were just that dumn or if they did it on purpose.

You have a good heart, but we can’t save everyone.
sometimes its not worth it.

1 Like

Gonna keep hope, tho!

1 Like

The halcyon days of meeting guilds through RP seem to have gone, at least where the Horde is concerned. Someone suggested looking for campaigns and open events to get a feel for the guilds on offer, and that’d be my suggestion as well.

2 Likes

Save time! Seek glorious Orcs!

2 Likes

Orgrimmar was already collapsing, tbh. There were few people left there when that group arrived. The reason no one returns is, most likely, because those that would aren’t enough to make an active RP spot like in the previous days.

2 Likes

Yeah Ogrimmar was not a bastion of RP as far as hubs goes.
and despite most of the city being readily available, people always seemed to stick to the valley of honor.
Its really a shame that hub rp seems all but entirely dead on horde.

Ogrimmar is dead, Crossroads isnt a bad spot at times, can find rp there some evenings.