Is it even possible to kill Korrak as alliance?

When we get to the mountain the horde is already at the top, there is nothing we can do.

I was never able to reach that mountain before horde as alliance.

Wellā€¦i was just in one where the alliance managed to kick us out of snowfall gy and got korrakā€¦
But the good newsā€¦ we won the bg :kissing_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

They get there much faster, canā€™t be beat in speed by alliance.

Now Korrak spawns 2 minutes later from gate opening, but you still have a literal uphill battle first.

Still plenty of time, if you play the bg enough it will probably happen. I have yet to do the quest but sit at 75% completion from just doing PvP.

Funny thing is, I donā€™t give a damn about the mount, itā€™s crap, one Iā€™ll get and never use again.

Also quicker way would be to make a horde character, get level 10 and que. Lol

2 Likes

Iā€™ve done this bg quite few times over the weekend, and Iā€™ve been to games where Alliance did kill Korrak before us, so itā€™s definitely possible.

It is possible to get Korrak as an Alliance player, but from my experience it is very unlikely. Who designed it like this? There is no reason to give the horde this advantage and to insult alliance players with this design. The horde already has tons of advantages. As a result the win rate of the alliance in alterac of olde is not acceptable.

2 Likes

You wont get korrak as alliance. Ru german and eu teams fail at it. When we are near balinda they already assault that gy.

Its easy as crap you just have to use your cc and or if you have use your damn knockbacks and throw the horde of that damn mountain too many alliance players just stand there doing their lame by the book icy veins rotations.

Alliance would do so much better in pvp if more people would use their own brains and actually learn their classes better. Too many people in BGā€™s are just RPā€™ing a scarecrow.

3 Likes

The faster arrival of the horde at the center graveyard and Korrak is horde biased. Period. If the same amount of players, with the same classes, with the same skill fight there, the horde will win every time. Only stronger alliance teams can overcome this.

And since you identified the knockback mechanics as a major tool here, they are way more efficient when used on the narrow path without any obsticles left and right. Again ā€¦ horde biased.

2 Likes

the problem is that this map is from vanilla wow, and at the time, paladins had a mount-speed aura.
So the map is balanced around the fact that alliance has 120% mount speed usually.

2 Likes

AV has always been Horde biased.

You donā€™t need Korrak btw, just do the quest on Northrend.

Not true, Alliance had been dominating AV until Legion.

1 Like

I told my friend go av I have a quest during legion. He told me lana , only alliance win on av. dont waste your time there as horde.

Killed Korak several times in the last couple of weeks as Alliance.

The Horde are always there first, that is true. That doesnā€™t mean they win.

AV used to be Alliance dominated on my server back in the days. Seems times have changed.

I queued with german horde epic bg leaders last night. We always passed korrak. We destoyed bunkers one by one and took graveyards until last one and won.

Each av brawl win took 25 minutes. Because alliance directly first went korrak and then galv.

You need to have lead on your team if you want to win like germans last night.

Orā€¦you go to northrend, the Amphitheatre of Anguish, and kill him there!

You still get credit :slight_smile:

Horde had a great disadvantages in this bg for years. That AV is horde bias is just a complete nonsense

1 Like

I would like to live on your planet. Most bgā€™s are alliance biased. Your path to objectives is always shorter then ours. For many years, you had the best trinket. And still most of the bgā€™s are biased to the alliance. So stop with the ā€œhorde biasā€ already.

lol

The Alliance only dominated AV in MoP and WoD when it was a PvE rush and because every competent PvP player played Alliance. The current way AV goes is exemplary for how AV went before that and possibly after that - I havenā€™t bothered with AV in Legion and BfA. Apart from BoG (Horde biased - they reach WW a bit earlier) and IoC (Horde reaches workshop a bit earlier) there is no visible Alliance or Horde bias in other BGs.

All the Horde needs to do in AV is defend a little bit. They also reach snowfall much earlier. Racials have nothing to do with who wins AV more.

I know it is hard to accept that Horde = ezmode PvP, but try to accept it.

btw; why is this BG called ā€œAV of oldeā€? It is the same as BfA AV, only with a bit more mobs in. It is nothing like classic or TBC AV.

IoC, you have the advantage of shooting in your own keep with the tower cannons, and shoot the flag, we donā€™t have that. When you have hangar, you can bomb hangar, ws and the gates, we donā€™t have that luxury either. Docks and hangar are closer to your keep then ours. AB, your path to either stables or mines is shorter then ours. Same goes many other bgā€™s with flag objectives. Like Gilnean. And i played all, so i know a thing or two about the so called ā€œhorde biasā€