Is it possible for melee fighters to defeat fire elementals?

Would it be possible for warriors, rogues and other non-magic using melee fighters to defeat fire elementals without getting their hands completely burnt off? Or would they have to enlist the help of a mage or shaman? Just something I’ve been wondering about.

depends on the power of the elemental i think, and the kind of elemental.
If it’s a real fire-Elemental with a body of “living” flame it’d be hard to hit with conventional weapons and most kinds of magic wouldn’t work either.
Only shamans with Water-magic and mages with frostmagic would really work against fire i guess.
If it’s a powerful Elemental-Lord like Ragnaros it can destroy a mountain-range just by entering our dimension.

The way I understand it, a lot of elementals need magical items to retain their shape, like the bracelets on most common elementals. I believe if they are destroyed, the elemental disperses.

1 Like

Yeah they require rituals and spells to keep them bound, which is shown when you gather these bindings to summon Thunderfury to take his weapon…

Ragnaros had to be summoned and was limited to the pool of lava a the heart of Molton Core, as theoritcally, wearing elemental resistant gear and attacking whatever binds it. will defeat it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.