Is it possible to sue Activision or Blizzard for this?

So anyone here with some expertise in the legal areas ?

Would it be possible to take Blizzard to court , for the reason that i am paying for a service which i cannot use due to Blizzards incompetence, logging in is down as we have seen by plenty of other posts and thus i cannot access the service i am paying monthly for plus for which i have paid the price of the game too.

And seeing as this happens quite alot with blizz i was just curious could someone make a case against them legally speaking.

4 Likes

Yeah do that, waste € 1000 on it and realize you sold your soul by accepting the EULA.

10 Likes

Dont most normal people have a legal insurance these days , if i want to go to court or someone takes me to court my insurance pays it, not me.

If you sue them and lose, your insurance won’t bail you out rofl.

You’ll pay out of your own pocket for choosing to play on a hyper full realm.

2 Likes

insurances generally pay YOU to stop from suing since it’ll cost em more and the chance of winning is next to nada. Well, if you have damages. You don’t have damages, so nah, not going to happen.

No not a chance

If it ever got to court, fist question would be ‘were you totally unable to play’?

You say ‘yes’
Blizzard would point to the myriad of servers with no problems

End of case, major bill for you

11 Likes

Alright, alright, alright… you’re thinking about sueing a multi billion dollar company over a few bucks worth of playtime? You may want to think about that and realize that maaaaybe you’re overreacting… a little.

4 Likes

You have exactly 0 chance.

1 Like

No chance at all. Blizz prolly spends more on keeping lawyers on retainer than on server capacity.

People dying around the world and wow players be like “omg i pay for this”. Big picture dude… chill out, play something else and in a few days it will all work normally again just as it did in every other launch… people keep saying bliz should learn from past expansions but never learn themselves… this is why aliens don’t visit us.

9 Likes

No lawyer would take this case, also EULA.

Edit: well maybe one would but that would only be to get money out of you knowing full well that the case is lost from the get go.

1 Like

I guess you are ok with paying for something you cant use ?
Im just asking in general , i never claimed i would but to me it seems very wrong for a company to take money for a service it cant provide

But you can use, I’ve had no problems on Dragonblight.

It is providing the service. You just refuse to use said service.

4 Likes

I cant get past the login screen…so no im not refusing to use it, i literally cant get online on WoW, much like thousands of other people.

You could try and sue them. I’m sure their army of high priced lawyers won’t mind.

2 Likes

Weird, it does know how many people are queued but as soon as it is your turn nothing happens as it gets stuck.

Tried two ways of logging in, manually and using the launcher, none work.

1 Like

Crikey - how old are you?

You can use the service. Play a character on Ghostlands. Just stop with this faux outrage.

1 Like

Yes, will you win tho ? probably not they hire the best lawyers while you can’t.

The best you can hope for in such a legal case is a refund of Shadowlands and a permanent ban from playing WoW, because Activision Blizzard won’t allow someone who takes them to court to have access to their services. Even if you win the lawsuit, you’ll probably be permanently banned.

1 Like