Is it time to give healers a spell to make mana-food ?

I think its about time you gave the healers some love when it comes to regenerate mana between fights.
If u got no mage it kinda sucks…and alot of mages cba to make one anyway
An ability to create their own manadrinks…and hopefully something better that the current non-mage drinks.

Or maybe a spell/passive that regenerates mana outside combat…please not a azerite trait cant handle much more rng :slight_smile:

Or a mana version of fighter-chow from legion from cooking ?
Any thoughts or is it just me?

or buy water from a vendor before going to a dungeon/raid?

4 Likes

I do but they take 30secs for a full pol…there has be a better way

There are plenty of cheap things to cook for yourself, makes no real difference to food conjured by a mage.

Mage food gives more but it really doesnt matter that much. Im using innkeeper food for 2 expansions now 99% of the time and it was fine.

I alway have some Seasoned Loins on me in case there is no mage and I need some mana back - they are not expensive to make and are compareable to mages food (it’s 83k compared to the full regen in 20 sec) and you still get the benefit of regenerating hp at the same time in addition to drinks (are there any drinks regenerating more mana from vendors?).

The best drink from vendors restores about the same amount of mana, just bit over 83K, but Seasoned Loins also restore health so they are a very good and a cheap alternative.

Hate that mana-management mechanics here. Started to play WoW in BFA, and its just frustrates me so much.
Its fine in m+, where u can drink smthng between the fights.
But in raid its so sad.
Not because its so hard to manage ur mana, but because its to boring.
See, when im trying to do my best, im pushing buttons more quickly => healing more intensively => mana burns out.
So i figured, that i shouldnt. Just relax and heal while chilling. That whats boring.

DPSers on the other hand have no resource that u can just run out in the end of a fight, and they can play hard during all fight. And thats fun.

IMO there should be spell not just to make manafood, but to regen mana in fight. And be able to play hard all fight like other roles.

There are … Holy priest has the hymn, bloodelves restore a small amount with arcane torrent and there are 2 potions to restore mana (one “small” burst on demand with the normal mana potion and one with a bigger amount that gets channeled). I don’t know about other classes though.
Manamanagement is one factor healers have to watch out for during raids, that has diminished already from it’s original state, and to be honest I don’t mind that this acts as a form of soft enrage.

Why do we always need some sort of soft enrage? If there must be one, add a hard enrage)
With pots and bloodelf’s racial u still cant heal forever. DPSers can dps forever.
Why not restrain all of them?)
As I said before, it doesnt make anything harder. Its just annoying. U cant maximize ur class potential with that sort of restrain.
At least thats what i see in case of mwmonk and rdru

But as I said - maximising your healing potential is not about raw output, but to heal when there is need for healing.
If you can’t outheal a boss with maximum output, then the balance of said boss is way overtuned (because with spam everything, their would be either instant death or easy healing - one spell for group max hps and one spell for single target max hps and some cooldowns).

It does, it is called resource management, if it isn’t hard, why do you complain?
I think it would be freaking boring if I could just spamheal my best spells until the fight is over, without any thoughts towards my mana.

This is mindless hps resulting in overheal, how is this more interesting than manamanagement?
Do damage if there is nothing to heal - most damage abilities from healers are free or really cheap.
Or maybe healer isn’t for you if you just want to aim for big numbers.

2 Likes

i was not talking about those moments, when there is nothing to heal of course =D
I was talking about moments like mythic vectis, zul, ghuun, when raid got as much time to kill boss as healeras can give) and that depends on mana, not skill.
I mean, it doesnt matter how good u manage ur mana, u cant heal forever, can u?

Like i said, its not hard. Its boring. Cant I comlpain if Im bored? =)
DPSers for example. They cant run out of mana. Their dps depends only on skill.
Somehow, in BfDA it feels better. But hey, last week there was only HC mode, and there isnt much to heal =D will see what mythic will show

Healing forever is not needed because all bosses, or almost all bosses have enrage timer, when time is up boss goes berserk and wipes you anyway.

Well I would argue pushing buttons in order (depending on the spec in order of a priority list or in order of a pretty much fixed rotation) is a task that is not as skill intensive as you make it sound.
DPS often have many short term cooldowns and synergies to weave in compared to healers, what requires additional skills.
As healer it would feel crippling if you could not use many of your heals for some time, but would have to stick to your 1 weak single target heal because of cooldowns. Now you can spam your big heals, but in contrast to DPS you are not restricted by cooldown but by your mana, so you can not do this throughout the whole fight.

I am completely fine with you being bored (despite of the fact that I would prefer if you and other healers would enjoy mana management), but I will argue against your position every time I see it, because, I do feel this current healer design is a lot more interesting than to be able to spam your biggest heals.

Of course I can’t. That is what the mechanic is meant for. If you could heal forever it would be like the mechanics you suggest and I would not like this to change.

If people die because I (better would be we as it is all of our healers) run out of mana despite me managing it well, we either play badly in taking to much avoidable damage, we deal not enough damage or we are undergeared for the fight and therefore lack healing output (considering HPM).

I think good mana management is a skill. It is no mechanical skill, but you have to communicate with other healers and have to judge the situations quickly to make the correct calls if you heal a certain target and what spell you use for said target without wasting future potential.

If this skill does not interest you I have to repeat myself, maybe healer isn’t for you.
You said you started WoW in BFA, check out if DPS is more the type of gameplay you like. I started raiding in Cataclysm and I always liked to manage my resources. And I don’t want this to change, when someone (who has only a short WoW-history) feels bored.

You cleared Mythic Uldir, you should know, instead of having complete downtimes you should weave in some DPS abilities that don’t drain any mana or get your efficient heals out to top up your raid without wasting mana. There should be no downtimes despite mana restrictions.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.