Is it worth coming back?

I am still not sure.

Then it’s not worth coming back, for you.
You are not even playing the game currently and it’s already a source of stress.

Depends,

If you left because SL was a grind-fest and you just want to log in and do some dungeons/raids with minimum other factors - it is alright to come back.

If you left because the gameplay loop felt off, then no - no need to come back.

1 Like

Retail: No

Classic Era: Hell, yes!

Classic Wrath: Maybe?

Hang on, I remember you OP.

1 Like

Pay for a sub and try DF for free

From now through June 4, 2023, we’re offering returning World of Warcraft players with active Game Time or Subscription access to all their characters along with access to the Dragonflight expansion during the Dragonflight Expansion Trial*.

1 Like

I got this on an inactive account.

Join us for the Dragonflight Expansion Trial event through 4 June with a complimentary 7 days of Game Time. Whether you’ve been away from your brood or have yet to experience the thrill of the skies, Dragonflight is soaring with new systems and improvements to help streamline your journey to level 60 and onward to the Dragon Isles.

On the same account I have 2 free level 60 boosts. Maybe it’s a 50 and a 60. Pity I used a fake name so can’t use them and pay for a transfer, it’s obviously fake though.

1 Like

Try the trial that’s been floating around and form your own opinion^

1 Like

oh yeah, remember me always. :v:

I checked and one account has 2 free level 50 boosts and one level 60.

Do we still need to install addons for a new installation of the game?

(Please tell me the answer is No…)

You don’t have to but it makes the game play better.

1 Like

You shouldn’t come back not worth it.

1 Like

I just wanted to see what the new expansion is like. I will probably stop playing after a month or two if it’s not good. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think yes. I came back after long time.
First I got 2 weeks free trail and wanted to level a night elf to level 20, just for the nostalgia reasons.

I simply love the nelf, dwarf, belf starting zones. All are simply masterpieces of design, music in their own respective ways.

As I was having fun, and turns out guardian Druid is super chill to level, I bought subscription.

Levelled until 40. This took me a while as I was reading every quest and did not care for the end game. At this point questing got a bit stale. Decided to quit but try out tanking (I never tried it before).

Tanking was quite cool. A bit challenging but the community in game got much better than TBC, where slight mistake would cause you to get flamed. So I got some tips from pugs, decided this is fun and stayed.

After getting to 60 I bought DF. I have mixed feelings about it stil. The story is kinda meh. You can see a total tone shift from older content. While old wow was a bit more “dark” and sometimes “ghoulish” for me, new wow is very dramatic with every single character beeing “good noble caring”. It seems childish at times. This is huge change in the tone to the point it seems as we changed the game completely.

…But the gameplay is good and fun. Rotations (once you get it) are satisfying to execute.

If only they brought back this emo Tim Burton guy that wrote quests in the past so that we can have more dark and mature story I would be in love with this game.

But it’s still good and fun for me

1 Like

I quit after playing SL for a few months as I couldn’t stand the gameplay any longer.

I came back to the game a week ago and levelled 4 of my tank chars to level 70 but I don’t feel like doing m+ or raiding as I did it too much in the past expansions, got pretty sick of both. I will see how it goes as I can’t see there’s much for me to do at max level without doing m+ or raiding.

Yeah, tanking is fun.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.