Is my character gone or what?

So i played WoW classic when it released like 3 years ago, played some, got some good and fun gear but after BWL i decided to stop playing.

I havent touched it since, did not play TBC classic or the current WOTLK classic but today i wanted to log on so i payed for 1 month but now i notice that i seems my character are gone? I start up WoW Classic but i cant find it on any server.

Is it just gone? Blizzard removed all the old chars? Is there any way to get it back? My plan was to PVP some with it when the new ranking system is released…

2 Likes

Your WoW Classic realms progressed to Wrath then, check all Wrath realms to see if they are there.

Edit: There’s also the new permanent Classic Era realms, which are restarted Classics and have nothing to do with the WoW classics from a couple years back.

Thanks, i found it. So i guess there is no way to move it back to Classic Vanilla then…? That is where i wanted to pvp when the new ranking system comes out…

3 Likes

It was never possible to move backwards in expansions even in retail for example. You’ll have to level a new toon in Classic.

While you’re here you could perhaps check out the Classic Hardcore launch that’s coming around later this month, if you feel that’s something for you or come back another time if you want to give WoW Retail or the Classics another spin.

Before you leave, I recommend to atleast check out the Retail Tender shop located in the Capital city to grab the free Tenders on the way out and perhaps browse the transmog. If you return you will have that atleast if something real fancy comes in.

Not quite so, but true in general. Classic Era is a separate off spin project of World of Warcraft Classic.

WoW: Classic progressed to WoW: TBC Classic and now to WoW: Wrath Classic. WoW: Classic Era was a continuation of WoW: Classic but without new content and forever frozen in phase 6. Only now devs are changing the PvP system for it. There was a choise of staying in this spin off or moving along to TBCC and so on. There was paid service to clone your TBCC character to Classic Era as well, but after many warning and huge time frame to make a choise the option to do so was finally retired as all characters were moved to TBC and later Wrath and temporary databases for cloning - deleted.

One argument against starting from level 1 on Era was that you will get killed by Naxx geared gankers. Hardcore realms will be fresh and PVE so no geared gankers there. Once you die, you can continue in Era.

He could always join the fun on Era PvE since BG’s are cross realm.

But if he wants world PVP can level on Hardcore and then (hopefully close to 60) dies and transfer to the PVP cluster.

Hardcore realms have PvP disabled by default and accidentally clicking enemy player does nothing, unless you type in /PvP command or attack enemy faction NPC PvP flag doesn’t activate.

How sad…i wanna pvp i WoW classic with my old char, got some bis items and so on and i really dont wanna level up a new char and grind the items on a new Classic “era” server, i just hoped that i could continue where i left off but now that character is in WOTLK classic…sucks!

2 Likes

Yes hardcore realms have PVP disabled but what I mean is after the character dies, can be transferred for free to PVP realm and gank lower levels.

You will be killed by bis gankers or lvl 60 gankers, no difference rly

Changed my text in the original quoted post a bit*

I feel you… Same thing happend to me and my friends. We subbed again for some vanilla-pvp and thought our vanilla-characters would be safe here but they are all converted to WOTLK. In other words of no use for us.

I had several characters in pvp-gear with epic mount and stuff. I never thought I´d loose it all on offical servers of all places…

Anyway, we contacted Blizzard and nope, we will never get them back. I don´t understand why they didn´t bother contacting everyone who was about to have all their vanilla-stuff moved to wotlk. A simple email would´ve sufficed… I guess I should lower my expectations…

why would it matter if the ganker has naxx gear? he could be naked and still kill you easily

Actually we don’t know what transfer options are available yet, unless I missed an announcement.

It’s on the blue post - you can FCT after death; but don’t know what realms yet.

Edit……spookily 8mins ago they posted this

I knew people could transfer off once they die but we don’t know where too, yet.

Or if you choose “stay” pay to go to TBCC as well. Is fun all think “to clone” was only option to continue TBCC and pay to play Era, while it actually was both ways.

Still not telling where to!