Is Outlaw the best PvP spec for BGs?

I am not talking about Arenas, just BGs, world pvp and 1 vs 1. As Outlaw i have a lot of fun, dmg is higher then Assassination dmg, simply because i can stick to my target. As sin i put my poisons/bleed on target and then trying very hard to stick with that target, if not a plate melee. With the low mobility of sin this seems impossible ( how do i even hit a mage or a hunter?). As Outlaw i have 8yd melee range, which helps + 1 range dmg ability and a range stun, which helps even better. Oh, and a Grappling Hook.
Don’t let me start on Sub: two bugged talents: Soothing Darkness only heals for 1% health in BGs, while Dark Shadow dmg increase is only 15% in instanced PvP. So 2 of my mandatory talents are completely nerfed in instanced PvP.
I am left with Outlaw, i like to play with daggers though, but feel completely useless as sin and sub.
How about you, guys, do you find sin or/and sub viable for PvP?

I used to RBG big time month back with my rogue before I got bored of it. Honestly I fount outlaw the best it has more mobility and a ranged stun. Sin was alright but I found it lacking and the poison I found negligible compared to the direct damge of out law. Sub I tried and dint like it, I hear if you know what your doing its a solid spec but I have no idea what I’m doing with it.

2 Likes

This is not a bug, this is intended or those spells would be too strong. Rogues have a ton of modifiers. Vendetta and Toxic Blade, as well as Assa Subterfuge, Deadly Poison damage are nerfed in PvP. Sub mastery is too, the two talents you mentionned, and quite a few more. Outlaw has some too but it’s less noticeable somehow.

You have a ranged slow as Assa, one Shadow step and you can talent into Maneuverability to have some sort of freedom on sprint. Your targets being slowed by 60% or stunned it shouldn’t be too hard to remain on them, if they use their escapes you use your gap closers. Vanish also removes roots and slow btw and can be used that way.

Assa helps your team a lot too with the aoe slow and aoe mortal strike, as well as the spread damage you can have when you’re not mercilessly training someone.

2 Likes

Outlaw is a joke in bgs, the only thing you really have as outlaw is a 10% 3-5 sec damage buff for some other guy and smoke bomb which is class wide, you’re really better off just playing the only viable spec unless you fancy you’re really competent enough to solo cap bases etc as outlaw, outlaw just simply lacks the damage compared to its other specs and its only kind of saving grace is being able to stun through parry and evasion.

edit: its gotten to the point i dodge bgs where i see any outlaw rogues on my team thats how little faith i have in the players queueing as it.

The mortal strike is really important and one of the reasons I would use assassin, also the slows etc. really help.

But, you enjoy Outlaw so why not just stick to that? Play the spec you enjoy and try to become better at it. Maybe you find a way to make it competitive. You can always switch back if you really feel unsatisfied by playing it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.