Is proffesion good or bad now?

I haven’t played retail for many years so I have no clue about professions atm. So I have a few questions.

1. Is crafting professions worth it while lvling, or should I go for skinning/mining and or herbalism instead?
  2. If they are worth it, should I go with class like, BS/miner as a warrior and tailoring with either skinning or enchanting as a mage etc. Or should I go for something that can be used by all classes like herbalism and alchemy/inscription or mining/JC?
  3. If they are not worth it while lvling, wich one are the best money makes while lvling?
  4. Same as question 1 and 2, but for max lvl.

Enchanting may be the only crafting profession to be worth it during leveling, in my opinion. You can turn obsolete gear into shards and dusts, which you can either use later, or sell them on the AH (though they don’t cost much anymore).

Otherwise skinning/mining + herbalism works out much better. I usually go with enchant + herbalism, but do so primarily because my druid is enchanter + alchemist, so enchant + herb on alts feed my druid.

During leveling, it doesn’t matter.

Herbalism + mining or skinning. Perhaps enchanting, if you can sell shards and dust for reasonable prices on your realm. Check the AH, and decide based on how much dusts and shards cost compared to ores or leather.

Herbalism is always a safe choice.

I like Alchemy at max level, gives me more flask time, which in turn, saves me gold or materials. I took Enchanting as my second profession on the druid, because Eternal Crystals sold amazingly well the week when M0 opened. They’re tenth the price now, so it’s no longer a gold mine.

If your aim is to make money, then double gathering professions are the way to go now. If you want to personally benefit, Alchemy and Engineering are both great for that, but both of them need materials, so you should either have a gatherer alt, or pick the appropriate gathering profession.

Professions have never been worse. Blizzard should be ashamed of what they´ve done (or rather not done). Super lazy uninspired crap.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.