Is rogue worth playing in shadowlands?

Is rogue worth playing in shadowlands? For all content but main focus raids, and what spec?

1 Like

Absolutely not. It’s a joke compared to what the class has been. Rogues pull low dmg in PvE and have to play around stupid cheese specs in PvP.
Other than that, you’re pretty much unwanted in all forms of content as other classes simply do better.

Rogues were broken pretty much during the entire beta, and have received lazy and infrequent tuning. Maybe next expansion a miracle happens, maybe not.

1 Like

If you want to hit for 40k as a sub rogue in 1 Shadowstrike in PvP, go for it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=squo21ReEe8&ab_channel=anboniwow

And yes it’s worth playing, especially in PvP. Can’t speak on the behalf of PvE, but PvP is a whole different story with their strengths.

Yes if you only ever want to play with a mage as your arena partner -.- and/or if you want to play some meme 1shot build that is generally garbage.

Did you check the video I linked? The rogue is playing with a shadow priest and still does the “meme 1 shot build that is generally garbage” flawlessly well over 2.3k

If that rogue can do it, nothing prevents additional rogues from doing the same 1 shot build, definitely not a garbage meme 1 shot since it seems to work extremely well even around 2.8k. ^^

Edit: Oops forgot this too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXMUWeyljtk&ab_channel=Palumor

It’s great fun in PvP. Even with terrible gear played well you can secure a node flag cap and contribute more than most undergeared folk while gearing.

Pve is dull but I’ve never enjoyed it.

PvP generally requires you to play well and pick your targets until you gear up. But if you pick them right you really do feel folk really rage. Stealth is always fun IMO. Love rogue.

1 Like

Rogue is fun because of Stealth and boring because everything else feels like a shallow afterthought.

the basic powers hits are to low its all borrowed power and cooldown’s.

That’s actually sick :rofl:

1 Like

Lol nope. Play something else. The class need a massive work atm.

This is far from true. In mythic+ outlaw is one of the top - with gouge being able to interupt non kickable spells and the long melee range allowing you to avoid mechanics. You’ll have no issues getting groups.

In raids they leave a little to be desired. Due to lacking any externals buffs or debuffs. Simple as that tbh.

In PvP - rated BGs every team runs 1 sometimes 2. They can guarantee node captures and are able to solo a flag carrier and base defend well too.

In arenas your limited by both personal skill and team setup. But Mage/boomie/priest are all good choices

It’s a great class but very spec specific. Outlaw / assassin is generally pve
Sub PvP.

Sin has some fun bursty builds for PvP too tho.

I personally love rogue play style - people hate them as losing control of your char is never fun. Sitting in a cc chain vs rogue mage watching people die waiting to die yourself isn’t fun.

3 Likes

No, stay away from rogue. Unless you want to be bottom tier dps, and have a few cheese mechanics in arena that own clueless players. OR you want to be a mage’s duo partner. Blizz isn’t changing anything soon so best play hunter/monk/mage/druid where even when they nerf them they get boosts every few days.

I play PvE as a Sub Rogue. I’ve now 205 ilvl and Simulationcraft tells I can have 5110 dps. in practice, if I play with ppl around my ilvl I’m most of a time in top dps (including first place) or close by the others.
As some wise man said, if you don’t play 15+ Mythic Keys, 2400+ PvP rating or aim for top dps in Mythic Raids - play what you want as you want, mate. I’m in a cool social guild, when noone is telling you that you cannot play because you’re X class or Y spec. Find that kind of guild wich is many and enjoy the game.

the ‘fun’ scale for rogue is off the charts imo
the ‘viability’ of rogue is somewhere below mediocre

i’d roll a rogue if i were you tbh, nothing’s more fun than having permanent, free invisibility

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.