Is Social guilds not a thing in 2021?

Hello

I posted this on reddit but wanted to post it here as well for suggestions.

I’m a semi casual player who recently picked up the game again and created new characters on Ravencrest (EU), I’m used to finding social groups in other mmorpg games like FF11, FF14 etc.

But everywhere I look i only see mythic this, raiding that guilds.

Anyone have any tips on where I can find a social guild or is that no longer a thing and I should hold off until I’m Lv60 and raid ready?

2 Likes

theses days social guilds are the same as raiding guilds… as the only players left are raiders.

most the social player left the game completely or went to TBC classic… and lots of them even left classic as well.

3 Likes

Social/levelling guilds do exisit, but don’t expect more than small talk.

the games dying if you looking for social try another game FF14 is honestly a good next choice.

1 Like

I play XIV since 8 years.
Many people try to discourage new players to wow but it has a lot of content for a new player but I guess I just want someone to talk to when I play.

Might I recommend you to the “LF friends” topic?

Post if you want to make some in-game friends (pt3) - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

You could make a post there or add people and just talk to them through bnet while playing.

2 Likes

Yep, there are a bunch of social guilds - not as much as their used to be obviously, as the numbers have dropped but, a lot of people overreact on these types of subjects and make it out like there’s none.

1 Like

Social guilds are replaced by discord. Why? Blizzard UI in wow companion app is useless for comms

4 Likes

I think a lot of social guilds may have ended up as communities; maybe broaden your search a bit. Realms don’t mean so much if you don’t care about doing mythic raids, and a guild bank isn’t very useful.

(Have a google for the Scared of Dungeons community - they might be the sort of thing you’re looking for.)

4 Likes

Thank you, I will take a look there :slight_smile:

Or just use this link: SoD invite code

1 Like

I tried in BFA to make a social and laid back guild, welcomming new and returned players especially.
It was ment to be a social/M+ guild, but quite fast people wanted to raid… But without the strict rules and restrictions.
This ment that, after a lot of hard work to set up raid teams etc, most of the time - not even half the people showed up, most people did not even read up just a little on bosses, and we always had to pug it.
So we went on to recruit for the raid team.
What happened was that people joined, we got things going, we had a lot of fun M+ going - and when people got the gear and the RiO score… they left for harder content guilds. Or the best players got together and started new goal orieted guilds, leaving us with huge gaps in the team.

At the end of BFA we just gave up. Because nomatter how people SAY they want a social and casual guild, most of them leave for higher striving guilds as soon as they got the gear and the score for it.

I guess thats why most “social” guilds are the megaguilds with massinvite, where nobody talks in chat or discord :confused:

IF you are in to roleplay, I would suggest Argent Dawn realm,for the social experience. People tend to be way more laid back and casual there as naturally, the focus is on the RP aspect.

7 Likes

been like that since vanilla… my TBC(not classic) guild died the same way… there was a fallout between the guild leader and some of the raiders and they went off to join other raid guilds.

the guild leader gave up hope after running the guild well for 4 years and left himself one day without saying anything… the guild quickly died soon after.

Tbqh, this is why I believe (as said further up) that many/most social guilds gave way to social communities.

When you take the realm out of the equation, it becomes much, much easier to find enough people to fill your raids. Sure, you get 35 signed and 18 who show up, but it’s still enough :smile_cat:

Communities also suffer less from ‘brain drain’, because people can be in them and a raiding guild, so you often get heroic-mythic raiders with alts in social communities to do lighter content in their downtime.

3 Likes

Most are in Discord. If you are in a guild that has discord you will find the guilds discord will be quite social, at least mine is for my horde alt.

1 Like

this is sad xd

2 Likes

It’s very sad how the community demonized.

Yawn, please change the record :zzz:

I’d look to join a community. SoD (Scared of Dungeons) has been brilliant for Alliance side all things being said, well worth looking up.

4 Likes

My guild has a discord, a guild snapchat group and is quite social in-game. It’s all about communications and doing some initative to make things happen