Is Solo Queue WoW PvP Compatible? | WoW Rant | Why Solo Queue Is NOT The Best Idea!

You mean that’s not the case in LFG?

How and why is it less? How about it brings people together instead and if they liked to play together they can add each other and keep going via lfg?

So basically by pretty much every other online game genre?

Your option (which I even agree with) already implements less interaction because you are choosing specific class, spec and rating. Meanwhile there might be some skilled guy on a different spec which still makes your comp viable or a guy with slightly less rating but you already auto declined him due to lack of interaction which was suggested by yourself.

i don’t want any filter.

i want to log my game, open my Honor tab, go into Rated, ahve the ENTER and SOLOQ option for 2v2 3v3 and rated bg, and i want to press enter soloq, and go into queue, 5 minutes in, find a game, and play my rated bg, how is it hard to make or to understand ? it isn’t, its def gonna be better than what we have right now, what we have right now is just million of people sitting in queue and never going to achive any sort of fulfilling experience in pvp

as for the comp thing, yes and no, you think that comp iss o important ? well let me tell you, i bet any comp would work just fine in soloq under 2k mmr, name one comp that you think is not gonna work, and remember, coutners happens in rated arena everytime.

He means that you will play bad comps and this is not helping anyone. For example will double warrior always lose vs double ret. You can have some stupid comps for sure.
Someone playing healer like rshaman (nf), rdruid, hpriest, ret pala (and some other specs at the current state) would have always easier time climbing than specs like warrior even tho warrior is considered S tier.
We will need specific options, especially something like “voice only”. It will increase the queue time but that’s still better than sitting in lfg for weeks or just facerolling through a meaningless match.

how can u be sure double warr lose vs double ret, and what if next game u will be ret warr vs ret warr ?

id play anything on my mage as long aws i play the game.

Experience.

That’s an if scenario. What if the next game both or you simply got a disconnect? :slight_smile:

I just gave an example because you said you bet every comp would work just fine, that’s not the case of course and that’s ok.

Who are you to argue if implementing a soloque option that every small private server has is such a big effort? Teach me otherwise please

Complaining about player interaction and mmorpgs in their old form in 2021 has to be a joke right.

solo q is as bad an idea as dungeon finder or lfr

When I was a kid going to school I thought the same. After playing WoW more casually and not 24/7, I realized how good it is since I don’t have the time nor the nerves to build a group and travel all over the world, which in total takes me like 30-60 min just to do a 10-15 min dungeon.

i didn’t know that being disconnected was a comp

Same rng aspect you meantioned :slight_smile:

i mentioned it, because he said that double warrior will always lose to double retri, wichj im not even sure is the case, but that makes it sound that every game is gonna be 2warr vs 2retri, and its not.

Double warrior vs double ret is just an example, an obvious one where everyone should see that double ret will always win.

guess im not everyone, but still, rng is rng, you don’t know what u will find and now, and much like in league esport vs soloq, the meta changes at every rating, some things people don’t understand how to counter are broken at lower bracket and unplayable at higher rating, meta is just what is easier and not to climb the ladder not in terms of viability, not whats stronger and not, in different context 1 class can perform better or worse, mage for example for how i play it its a joke, because i want to play rated bg, and it lacks damage pressure, or even ccs, mage ccs are nothing specila in bg, since lock can slow everything, and ring/sheep/db breaks on everything

mage only shines in small teamfights like 2v2 3v3 like seething shore, but if you get an eye of the storm how is mage gonna be viable ? you can only steal bases with a rogue, but then again druid can do that too, and he can be stronger in mid teamfight too, so, mage doens’t bring anything to the table

ask yourself as a rated bg leader, why would i pick mage when warlock can:
beat him in damage pressure
beat him in single target damage
cookies to help healers and entire team
gateway for everyone
more ccs, coil, shadowburn, summon infernal, fear that doesn’t dispell SP/LOCK dots or heal/break instantly on aoe fights

same goes for SP, while it might lack the single target burst, wich im not even sure watching some torrent bursts, he can MC people down eots, dispell, more aoe, and enemies cannot dispell because of vampiric, target calling mind games.

mage is strong in a context, and is not in another, thats why im pushing for soloq, ive been playing this game since 1.12 and i took a break only during WoD, and ive been playing a lot of pvp, i got my 2.2 during mist of pandaria, but since then rbgs were never really a thing, and ive always played as a solo player, nowdays, rated bgs are competitive once again, and i can’t go above 1.9, because im literally sitting 5-6 hours lfg x day, just to enter a team, check them out and none of them is 1.7. i just want to be able to queue and play the game i pay for

so everytime we spend energies time and make constructive critism only to be deal the usual TLDR from the community and getting ignored by blizzard, well frankly we are all kinda tired.

the next patch pvp gear changes, don’t solve anything for pve, its basically a nerf to pvp gear, and that might make pve gearing better, but what people shouldve pushed for is actual pve vendor, or stat choice, or a better pve gearing system, nerfing pvp gear wont change a thing, it wont fix boosting issues, mayeb they will go down A LITTLE, but it wont fix it. everytime we make a step forward we make 1 backward, and thats how this game has been for the past 10 years, 1 improvement, and 1 huge negative pain in the butt.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.