Is the new expansion worth playing quest-wise?

I played wow for a scary number of hours as a student, and haven’t missed playing an expansion since I started in Cataclysm. I always enjoyed the story and RP more than raiding.

I now have a full-time job that I adore with a lot of travel, but it means I only see my gaming desktop a couple of weekends a month. I travel with my macbook pro, but it doesn’t run very well.

I came back last Sunday for my free ‘3-days’ (of which I only used one) and enjoyed it more than expected.

I don’t want this to seem like a whiny ‘I have no time’ post - I just want to know if the story and quests are worth the money if I’m not going to have time for raiding and dungeons - can I get away with playing just on the weekend? Or is the game too focused on endgame things and dailies now?

As someone who read most of the lore and have a full-time job + travels a fair bit for both work and pleasure, I do have to admit that WoW is something that I have to specifically allocate time for, so I do understand where you are coming from.
I’m not sure which expansion you stopped playing, but personally I find the Azshara story line interesting as it had been teased a fair bit in Legion already. As well, as a Horde player the whole Sylvannas end-game plan, the intrigue behind which loa inspired Vol’jin to make her warchief…etc. is very interesting. There is a lot of speculation on what will happen to Sylvannas, as she is a much loved character, so it will be interesting to see what happens to her and how Blizz will explain it all. On the alliance side, I’ve not done it, but from reading posts on reddit etc. it sounds like the alliance has even better storylines than Horde. There are also quite a few side quests that are interesting.
If you are not too fussed about raiding and gear. I think playing only every 2nd weekend should be fine.
The game is very focused on dailies and reputation grind if you want nice things like flying…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.