Is the roleplay community at this point worth to return to?

Toxoplasmosis.

2 Likes

I only roleplay with PCU if they wear a mask and keep 1,5m distance.

Also if one coughs I’ll sprint away, don’t want to catch the Perroy.

2 Likes

Sounds dope, some of us on here discussed similar before, that an adventuring type group makes more sense as a community rather than a guild, your idea sounds great, as for whether or not its worth returning? thats subjective really, if you have buddies who still rp here or youve seen stuff/guilds you wanna dip your toes, or again like your own idea you want to start something up yourself well then yes, in your case I would say its deffo worth returning as you have something you wanna start up (and Im gunna assume you still have plenty of buddies who are still active) as for the caravan thing though SW has erp issues now and no one has abandoned the hub so my only comment regarding that is that its not really a fantastic reason to give up on rp(again subjective just my opinion) as there is always going to be groups like that in active hubs (as evidenced in the flourishing and busy rp hub that is SW unlike the empty shell that is Ogrimmar, maybe its not entiiiirely the caravans fault Ogrimmar is dead ey?)

I asked myself the very same question when I resubbed recently. Then I saw the drama, the infighting, guilds avoiding eachother, scandals of such depravity thst makes me pale. I still want to RP in wow, but I am very intimidated by the toxicity so I keep to myself :frowning:

3 Likes

“You’re PCU” is a synonym for “I don’t like what you’re saying and I can’t answer” in the modern definition of the term.

Edit:
To avoid derailing (too) much, my response to the OP is wait for Dragonflight. More players will be returning, the feeling of fatigue from SLands (should) be shaken off somewhat and new lore might enhance the experience. We’ve all heard that a million times before though so make sure you get opinions again like you have here.

5 Likes

I say, do give it a try still. You do not have to take a side in the argument, and honestly, given how the PCU mostly keeps to themselves these days ( even their city-guilds I barely see), you’re not likely to get involved in drama.

I’ve managed to stay out of the conflict for a good amount of years now and so far that is suiting me and others just fine.

2 Likes

Because a couple of people who weren’t even in the PCU at the time were helping to organise the pre-BFA campaign, RPed that Teldrassil burned down 1 week before it did (because Blizzard doesn’t advertise its timelines lol) and people got mad b**thurt about the PCU of the time + still are.

Also because the PCU is very vocally anti-ERP and people don’t like being called degenerates when they are.

4 Likes

Just wait for DF Pre-patch to hit, then try and come back. The tail end of, and beginning of an expansions are when there is the most people around. Thus higher chance for you to find something.

Server’s always been full of RP drama, just find some people you like RPing with and have fun with them. Sperglets and ERPers aren’t gonna go anywhere soon, nor have they miraculously disappeared unfortunately. But their mere presence shouldn’t dissuade you from RPing.

Shadowlands is pretty tragic but Dragonflight isn’t far off.

3 Likes

To throw in my two cents; It’s great asking a second opinion from others.

However, only you can decide if it’s really worth your time and your commitment. We can say oh it’s great and everything but you may still feel like it’s not valuable to sink your time into again.

In reality, RP in general on both sides has taken a hit from a declining number, shambles expansion and the usual cycle of toxicity.

But , does that mean you cannot return or try to make your own thing? Of course not. Does it mean it might get worse or get better? We don’t know. I would like to think it will get better and will work out for our community overall. Though, the same issues will always crop up and that’s just how it’s always been. It is what it is really.

So only you can decide if you wish to return to RP do you feel the passion and wish for it? Do you -want- to do it and then I’ll ask again, do you really want to do it? That’s your decision that only you can make. There’s still RP around and there’s still folk you could probably get involved with and do the ideas with. Bounce you ideas to some folk like you have here and maybe someone will catch it and decide to roll it with you. It is entirely your choice!

If you do return, I hope it works out and wish you the best of luck!

If you don’t, then I hope you do come back at some point. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You will always get those who will say ‘no’ and yet they continue to play the game… and likely, Rp. There’s a lot that goes without saying on here; only you can make that choice. Try it. If you don’t like it? Don’t sub after a month’s time.

I went back after 7 months. Take it from me, It’s not worth it.

Unless you have some great active friends who are good RPers you’ll likely end up like me ,wandering around SW looking for random RP.

4 Likes

Yes I’ve already decided not to return, yet.

It always tickles somewhat to do so, but it probably won’t be what I be searching for.
I rather just play games that share the opportunity for Roleplaying, such as project zomboid.

2 Likes

Kru…yup I feel your pain

good choice OP. No idea why the RPers are so toxic shame

2 Likes

That is sadly, AD for you. You have some wonderful people, but also lunatics you would not want to touch with a ten foot pole even if you got paid a million euros to do so. Such was always the case, but some of it seems to be more open these days ( like the Candyvan-incident).

2 Likes

Yeah I think the combination of the base game not being really enjoyable and feeling like a chore, constant drama in the RP community, and just having to deal with people who clearly don’t have much social skills, made me leave.

And looking at the promotional material for Dragonflight (compared to the promotional material of older expansions), I don’t see anything in how they want to support the game to make it more sociable. It’s mostly about you can become a dragon, you can collect items for your dragon to fly real cool. Barely once I’ve heard them talking about people coming together to play the game together.

But maybe Blizzard can suprise me, who knows.

1 Like

Personally how i see it is more the death throes of a dying paradigm, there was a big upsurge of toxicity around the cataclysm/mists area because like shadowlands now, people thought Blizzard was killing the game, thus people started turning on themselves and gnawing at one another.

Contrary to what the prevailing opinion of the time was by your usual reactionary players, (the same who wanted to lynch void elves not too long ago) who have a stake in “winning” rp over actually making good storytelling, worgen and pandaren did not actually ruin the game and in fact 5.0 probably saved the game honestly.

Unfortunately, dragonflight seems to have stirred that old chest pounding “raaagh stupid dragons, raaagh stupid neutrals, me want faction war” mindset in the minds of some people. will the toxicity abate? only if we are proactive in building an rp community that is open to a diversity of opinion and expression of character.

1 Like

Mhm, I just want the alt-friendliness back. In earlier expansions, I could just do my dailies and be done, then decide to go do something else or do it with another alt. Currently Blizz only waits till the last patch until they finally make sure your alts can catch up.

Sad to say but our hobby simply attracts all manner of individuals. Including some horrible ones.

Can be rather annoying yes, as it’s not always just horrible people in general, but either people who seem to get an aneurysm when you try to set a date for rp, or who don’t seem to understand that making someone wait for hours is rude, etc.

3 Likes

I think that I am nice,quite nice to people . As long as they are nice to me.

I have noted that some people cannot or will not keep IC and OOC Separate.
That always causes a lot of drama.

2 Likes

To be fair, the lull in hostilities is really putting the hurt on all the mom and pop bullet shops. Save small business; instigate a border dispute today!