Is there a catch up mechanic for professions

I havent noticed anything but it sucks when I dont play wow too much
so the whole profession system seems very useless to the casual player if I am not playing weekly

It is already kinda faster then when you started with nothing at DF launch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/woweconomy/comments/15vxuhx/comment/jwyaigz/

30 + 30 + 20 is 2 months of skipping. No extra catchup is planned at the moment.

Not really and imo not worth it too much. I just gives supplies for crafting and have a few pieces that are now 463 with the sparks but to try and start now? Madness really. Better off doing it next expansion.

1 Like

At this stage in the expansion, what’s the point?!

I just came back from a hiatus, and I couldn’t care any less about professions.

If you are a completist and want to complete it, it will not be as grindy for you as it was in the beginning.

1. Download Handy Notes and go find all the profession treasures from the patches you skipped.

2. You will also need to grind through renown with the major factions as hidden behind them are some skill points right up renown 18. Just check on wowheads which faction has points for your profession and focus on those two.

3. Some factions such as the Loam have points you can purchase but the currency may be a grind to obtain.

The whole process can feel grindy for what its really worth and given crafted gear and embellishments have been nerfed for patch 10.2 . We also don’t know yet how in demand the items will be. If I was you I would skip it unless as I said you are a completist.

I just wish they would stop with the soulbound crafting reagents. This was a problem in BFA too with Expulsom. For main characters that you play for hundreds of hours its not a problem to eventually get your professions leveled up, but for alts you use mainly for professions, soulbound reagents is a major roadblock.

As a fresh player you can get 100 knowledge points give or take within a week. This is enough to cover 1 tab pretty much unless you overextend certain professions like Enchanting/Jewelcrafting.

Then there’s another 100 points or so but these are renown based and therefor is character locked.

For Tailoring example you can just pick Garmentcrafting and unlock the second tier 3 times to craft the 8 pieces which costs 120 knowledge points and is how most professions work. Now obviously you won’t get the bonuses but it’s enough for the base craft. Toys and whatnot can bought on the AH for example and you can funnel crafting further with alts which get 5 sparks at max level.

Sparks this late into the expansion will be your biggest time-gate unless you’re willing to pay huge sums of gold to skill up, because after 50-60 skillpoints you’ll be looking at very expensive crafts that covers only few professions like enchanting where you’ll be making low ranked stuff that sells for nothing but costs hundreds if not thousands of gold to make unless you farm the mats yourself which isn’t really worth it.

This might just be me not being into professions… But aren’t professions completely different from something like catch up gear? :thinking:

I mean, it’s a way of earning gold, and a separate “end-game content” for players who enjoy it. :slight_smile: Nerfing professions so people can “catch up”, seems the same as “nerfing dungeons so people can catch up”… And that doesn’t really make sense, since they both need to stay relevant.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.