Is there any plans to tackle the trade chat spammers?

So I have recently returned to BFA in prep for Shadowlands and have noticed an ungodly amount of Mythic key/ahead of the curve you name it they sell it for gold and it makes the trade channel completely unusable for selling items anymore.

So has there been anything said in regards to these players who spam trade channel all day or is this just something thats allowed because its not for IRL money and I’ll have to learn to live with?

2 Likes

It’s allowed because they are not breaking TOS or anything. Trade isn’t used to sell items now just use AH.

For normal chat use General for specific area or lfg chat for other.

Also leave Trade channel if the boost community adverts become too much

They’re also doing it in yells, General, LocalDefense and group finder and it’s getting rather annoying, ignoring them doesn’t help because they just make new alts to spam on multiple servers and apparently it’s acceptable to Blizzard.

1 Like

Blizzard isn’t likely to stop them, since so many high end guilds rely on selling carries to pile up gold for the next raid’s consumables and such. Especially at the ends of expansions because everything’s likely to be very expensive for the first raid of the the next expansion.

It’s not a perfect solution and I dislike pointing to addons for help because I don’t think they should be mandatory for the game to be tolerable… but certain chat addons (like BadBoy) allow you to set word filters and it’ll block out everything you ask it to.

This is why we sorely need a separate /boost channel, as well as /citychat.

There is the badboy addon which you can add keywords to.

BADBOY ADDON works really well - cleared out draenor boosters

1 Like

I’ve actually had my share of that “Booster Spam”
Blocking / ignoring them is pretty much useless because as someone else already said above: “They’re also doing it in yells, General, Local Defense and Group Finder”

I did download the BadBoy addon, added alot of those spammers to the block / ignore list as well as adding words to the banned words list from it, but somehow, now and then, some still seem to squeeze a boosting message through.

Don’t get me wrong,
I don’t mind players or guilds offering certain “services” through chatter
but when it reaches the point where it’s considered “spam” it’s hella annoying.

Right click name > report.

Get everyone else to do the same.

Problem solved.

Just leave the Trade channel.

at the end of a expansion its Worse then ever im afraid (its still pretty bad throughout)

yup this, i pretty much have created a Seperate Tab for Just Guild / Group / Instanced / Raid / Whispers only and Removed all Chat channels from it so i cant read it anymore.

Daily complaint thread about boost selling I see.

To answer the question: No, there are no plans to punish players for not breaking game rules.

Post on your booster main hunnie :clown_face:

@Randizandi
“Just leave the Trade channel.” you say?

I assume you haven’t read all the comments posted before you,
so let me fill you in a little bit. 1 of the previous comments said:
“They’re also doing it in yells, General, LocalDefense and group finder”
So that would mean, u have to leave 'em all and you have to admit, that THAT would be pretty ridiculous.

It’s like, they really want you to know what they wanna say, what they wanna offer, so they do pretty much anything in their power to do so. No matter how. As if you just can’t escape it. That’s what they’re trying to do.

Heck… I would’nt even be surprised at this point if they’re planning on doing it through whispers in the future as well.

I dont think people selling the services should be punished I mean the ones who are spamming it 24/7 and clogging up trade chat.

Indeed. The main problem is, that 5 people spam the same boosting community message (or similar) in 5 seconds. Its kinda spamming to me which againts ToS.

all that would do is give them more channels to spam, its not supposed to be in trade chat. but they spam it there regardless, the only way to stop it or limit it would be to set a limit on how many messages you can send in a chat channel per minute or per 10 minutes or something

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.