Is there any way to add enhancement on gear or does it drop with enhancements?

hey,
so i just reached the lvl 110 mark yesterday and i started to do some dungeon runs today and ive got some pretty nice gear (shoulder, head and chest). the only problem though is that all of the gear doesnt have any enhancements. so my question is if it is possible to add enhancements to that gear? and if not where and how do i get the same gear with enhancements?

Sadly, nearly all the options to enhance and improve our gear have been removed.

In BfA, the only enhancements you can add are:

1. Enchants, to weapon and rings

2. Gems, IF a piece that you got has a gem socket in it. Gem sockets used to be common on everything, but are now very rare and dispensed at random.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND buying enchants or gems for any gear you get while levelling, or indeed for any level 120 gear up to ilevel … well certainly up to ilevel 350, and don’t buy any expensive enchants or gems on any gear less than ilevel 400. You will be replacing your gear very quickly up until then, and there is no point paying for a minor improvement when you will replace it tomorrow.

This page talks about gems and enchants for Balance Druids:

thats pretty sad. still thanks for the reply

To be fair, we just have a different style of gear enhancement now, with the 3 Azerite pieces having rings of traits to choice between (instead of choosing which enchantment to apply).

Depending on your choice of profession there are some other combat enchantments (that are pretty much free too, so even useful while leveling). Engineers can enchant useful things on their cloak and belt for example (tinkers), tailors on their cloak (embroideries), etc.

There are also non-combat enchants for everyone on gloves, that improve things like gathering speed and the like, those sell for peanuts so they aren’t wasted on leveling gear, but of course they don’t affect combat so that’s likely not really what you were after.

I agree with Gráinne that you should not spend any real money on enchants/gems on leveling gear (or any gear that you intend to replace very quickly).
But i would suggest you check out the auction house prices of enchants/gems at least once, because you might find some of them are so cheap you may as well use them all the time.

• [Kraken’s Eye of Intellect] (40 intellect) gems for example sell for 4g on my realm.
  • [Deadly Solstone] and the like, the +30 haste/crit/vers/mastery gems, 3g here.
  • And of course there is the +5% experience gain gem [Insightful Rubellite], 8g here at the moment.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.