Is this computer good enough?

Hello

I’ve been wanting to buy a new computer to play WoW on, and i’ve tried to compare like the stats WoW says is recommended to play well. I’ve found a computer wich i think is good enough. But i’m still having a diffecult time to figure out if its realy good enough or if it will be to slow ones there is like 1 update in WoW.
So could anyone maybe tell me if this computer would be good or if i better search for another one?
Thanks already!

These are the stats, i translated some things so i’m sorry if not everything is the correct english translation:

Processor
Processor type: AMD Ryzen 5
Processor number: 2600
Number of processor cores: 6
Clock speed: 3.4 GHz
Maximum turbo frequency: 3.9 GHz

Memory
Internal memory: 16GB
Max. internal memory: 32GB
Internal memory type: DDR4

Storage
Total storage capacity: 2500GB
HDD storage capacity: 2000GB
SSD storage capacity: 480GB
Storage type: HDD and SSD
Hard disk speed: 7200 RPM
Hard disk interface: SATA6
Number of hard drive slots: 4

Video card
Video card model: Stand alone video card
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
Video card memory: 6144MB

Software
Operating system: Windows 10

Short answer: Yes.

1 Like

Fantastic, thanks you very much!!

Im not sure if youre trolling but i think is way far beyond good.

Mine is like 6 years behind yours and im doing fine :joy:

It is good enough, but i still would not recommend getting a last gen Ryzen for WoW as your main game.
If possible get a 3600 instead of the 2600.
The difference in FPS is pretty huge, especially if you want to raid at close to 60 FPS in WoW.
Because of the old engine and poor multithreading, it needs a high IPC CPU (instructions per second).
This has been the weakness of AMD CPUs since the FX series.
But AMD finally caught up to Intel with the Ryzen 3000.

1 Like

Some BfA areas show clear uplift in performance on 6-cores versus 4-core when tested on i5-9400F so multi-threading isn’t that poor.

Vague number. My main PC is on 1920X and it still blasts through WoW (and it’s fun when big update uses 12C/24T when extracting/rebuilding data).

Yes, that would be the best choice if possible. Shame we don’t have 3500X widely available outside of Asia. The one I got was like 45% of 3600 price which in current times can be quite a factor.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.