Is windfury effect going to break like it did back in the day?

when windfury procs in classic wow, there’s this nice trail of small swirling wind particles that pops off your charcter for a second or two.

last time TBC was released this awesome, smooth, fade-in/fade-out, pretty effect was “accidentally” replaced by the hideous cyclone effect, which essentially just looks like a pitch black druid cyclone effect that pops in and out of existence with no fade, and is static on the Shaman proccing it.

please tell me you’re not allowing this to happen again.

many shamans brought this up back in the day like:

“yo blizz, what the hell happened to my windfury weapon effect?!”

and blizzard devs at the time was just like

“yo sorry guys, we ‘lost’ the script that makes windfury procs look awesome, i’m afraid you’re stuck with this hideous effect that effectively looks like you’re being cycloned by a druid, so not only is it ugly as sin, but you might also be confused in pvp since cyclone effect and windfury have pretty much the same visual looks”

this hideous effect persists on retail to this day, if i am not mistaken, because the devs never actually bothered to fix it.

turns out that with the release of classic vanilla, and the current (original) effect being what windfury looks like, the only conclusion to be drawn is that you indeed do have the script (it wasn’t ‘lost’) and blizzard lied to shamans all over the world for the past 13-15 years.

so, basically, seeing as you have the script. can you please conserve it and make sure its implemented PROPERLY in TBC?

Oh and P.S: The same goes for the Thunderfury proc effect, which is a carbon copy of the windfury effect.

1 Like

I actually preferred the cyclone effect. When they removed it in Legion, I was pretty disappointed in the puny wind effects they replaced it with.

you think you do, but you don’t, my guy.

the TBC WF effect is completely inferior in quality compared to the one in Classic vanilla. and it has the unfortunate side effect of looking almost exactly like cyclone, which adds confusion to the ugly sin that is the WF proc effect in TBC.
its beyond just a complaint (albeit mainly) that its ugly, but it has an impact on gameplay as well.

it would be like if frost nova root effect one day had an ‘accidental replacement’ and started looking like druid’s entangling roots, and was just kept that way.
or if blizzard’s particles was just replaced with warlocks rain of fire particle effect, but just slightly differently colored.

Well I tried to look up Classic shaman and you can barely notice any effect at all as far as I can tell.

you obviously haven’t been through the pain like i have then :upside_down_face:

i mean… there’s a huge difference in “looking it up” (i assume you don’t even play the class at this point) and having to look at the actual visuals every time you play your character, which just happens to be my main.

Aww you think your opinion matters more then the next paying customer when it doesn’t. Bless.

You both have an opinion and they differ! No one is right.

In the words of the dude… “yeah, well… you know that’s just like, er, your opinion man”.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.