Is World of Warcraft only made for competitive players?

Maybe, just maybe, it’s not games fault, but yours or ppl you play with? WoW is far from being game for competitive players.

What guides you need to run dungeons up to +10?

But i guess you are troll…

and how do you define that statistic??

Lots of casual players complete a +10 every week. You even see them listed as doing for weekly etc. They usually aren’t fussed about timing them as their goal is just the weekly reward chest. Some do time them too. It varies.

If you don’t have friends or guildies you can run them with you should consider joining one of the casual key groups that aim at finding likeminded players just to do up to +10 keys.

Much of the game is aimed at the casual player. More so now than ever.

2 Likes

Anything up to +15 should be doable by even casual player. After that you really need strategies and most powerful current classses. And right now 15+ seems to have monk or warrior tank, at least 2 rogues and druid healer.

Not exactly. But if you plan on gearing up, the one and only reliable way is mythic+. Goodluck getting proper gear with raiding, pvp, world quests, emissary or any other content out there.

No. Definitely not. Although you’d have to define “competitive” pretty tightly first to really nail that one down. But for any definition I could consider reasonable, the answer is no.

You seem to be focusing on M+ from +10 to +17. From some numbers I looked up recently, less than half of all players, and maybe down to a third, have EVER completed ANY +10, even once, even boosted through, in BfA or Legion, much less regularly.

+15s would be even lower, ofc, maybe 80% of people have never done one.

And yet MOST people never do any of this and play the game just fine (and yet without half the complaining we see from people who … nevermind :stuck_out_tongue: )

I saw a distinction a while ago I thought useful: many people play WoW as a vaguely competitive game, but many more treat it as a pastime, like knitting, watching TV, kicking a ball around in the local park.

As long as the game is giving you what you want, everything is fine, even if someone else wants and pursues different things. You seem to want to get competitive, but you’re not there yet. It’s not the game’s fault. It’s probably not yours either; maybe you just haven’t found the right ladder to climb yet.

So you may be expecting an unrealistic standard of yourself.

Are you trying your M+ in raw PuGs, or have you tried to form a regular group? Pugging is a terrible way to learn. Try joining a community like Scared of Dungeons

where you may be able to ask more experienced players for tips. Just don’t expect them to do your work for you.

OK. This truly baffles me. There is more information, more easily accessible, out there about how to improve and succeed in WoW than there is about most school and college courses.

Unless … I recall a Richard Gordon quote about med students who were never seen without a textbook under their arm. He observed that they seemed to have a theory that they could absorb knowledge through their armpits. :smiley:

Like any other skill, you learn what to practice from external sources, but you get better only by doing the practice itself. Reading books about running technique won’t get you achieving a 5-minute mile.

I do grant that so much of the information is about the latest instance tips and tricks that it can be hard to dig out the more basic techniques like position, movement, keybinding, keyboard + mouse co-ordination. It’s there if you look for it, though.

What are you doing to practice, and work on your various weaknesses? Have you even identified the areas in which you are weak? How do you hold up in Proving Grounds? (No, it doesn’t cover everything, but if you are weak in basic class knowledge, it will expose that.)

3 Likes

Would’t say it’s only for competitive types, you just have a lot of (wannabe) tryhards in the PuG scene. The game overall caters to casual players. It’s just a matter of two things:

1. Are you in a guild? If not…
  2. How much nincompoopery are you prepared to tolerate in pursuit of a competitive iLvl?

As in real life, everything is easier with friends, but if you don’t have any in-game you are in for a rough time doing anything higher than a +5. PuGs are the worst way to experience the endgame.

1 Like

Puging just below 10 tend to be very tedious but once you start doing 10+ there is a massive jump in player quality very rare to have a 10 pug fail tbh, but thats my personal experience.

in a way yes, you could say wow has become more competative, actualy one huge reason the game is in the state it is now.

1. timegating, only done so when a new raid is open most are at same stage.
  2. ability prunes, mostly done for pvp to make it more competitive.

theese are one huge reaosn it is as it is.

1 Like

Sounds like yet another trolling post from a classic lover based on the last part which states retail is rubbish , but classic will be perfect.
Same thing that has been happening on these forums since Classic was announced, where a hard core of classic lovers seem to enjoy trolling here in faulting how bad retail is and how perfect classic will be, or suggesting areas of retail should be made to be more like classic.

Hopefully once classic comes out they will drift off and complain about classic on the classic forums.

What? Im saying u are blaming your inability to do a +10 on u playing “casually” when in reality its because u are garbage at the game. Playing the game 3-5h per day is not casual.
As a matter of fact thats about how much i play and i can easily complete a +10

Casual ≠ Bad

1 Like

Dude? I have never done mythic dungeon in my life. I have gotten to 120 but not a single mythic dungeon ever. If 10+ mythic is casual, I must be the ultimate god of casuals.

4 Likes

So apparently me with my doing world quests and having seen EP from the inside only through LFR do not count as a casual anymore nowadays even?

Excuse me wtf.

Get gud is your answer, seriously.
You don’t need to no-life WoW to do that.In fact i bet, that you play this game more than i do

With the exception of the highest of high mythics, it’s more about teamwork than how super-duper-mega-awesome you are at playing your class. (The super high mythics require you to play awesomely AND excellent teamwork.)

If you find yourself a stable group that all get along well, the teamwork should snap in place with experience and a +10 shouldn’t be out of your reach.

1 Like

LFR and random heroics for = very easy difficulty
Mythic 0 to +6 and normal raid = easy difficulty
Mythic +6 to 10 and heroic raid = normal difficulty
Mythic +10 to +15 = hard difficulty
Mythic +15 to 20 and mythic raids = very hard difficulty

Simple as that, choose your own content, you can’t play a game at a higher difficulty then ask for an easier mode cuz " I pay money "

I don’t get why do you play something if you don’t find it fun too, if the game is too hard either work to overcome and have fun doing is or just play a lesser difficulty until you feel comfortable.

5 Likes

Trash in m+ have more mechanics and spell than boss this whole m+ in bfa is made just for MDI

Congrats on paragraphs implementation instead of spacing every statement.
Upgrade, Vindicta Nocturna :+1:t5:

1 Like

Even pet battles are geared towards the competitive market. I bought a tiger and a couple birds of the AH and get completely steamrolled in pet battles. Don’t even get me started on the purple world quests, they’re just impossible.

1 Like

Pet dungeon invitational! I would actually watch it.
Will we see rogue stack there as well? Hmm :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

To the op what would be the point of doing a mythic 17 dungeon if you obviously do not have time to play the game and you are a casual player?

As for mythic 10, is it you causing a group to fail or is it the entire group failing? It could be a number of things as to why you cannot do a mythic 10: bad pug groups, not knowing the dungeon layout, not knowing the affixes, bad healing, bad tanking etc… the list is endless.

My suggestion is to first run the dungeon on lower mythic keys to build up your knowledge of the dungeon and affixes. Then perhaps try a higher key with people you know or your guildies to test it out. Once you narrow down the problem as to why you cannot do mythic 10’s then you can move on.