Is WoW in it's worst state it has ever been?

Until BfA came. This Addon bores me way more than WoD did.

4 Likes

Mechagon +1
To be continued

Yeah, no. WoD was the by far worst one overall. Too much cut content before release, a world void of anything meaningful to do shortly into it and the start of worsening class designs. WoD was all about raiding or doing rated PvP with barely anything besides that other than maybe doing CM’s for the weapon mogs.

The garrison alone makes WoD worse than BfA because they failed to implement in a way that made the player engage with the world.

BfA is not far behind though, thanks to losing abilities overall after Legion and BfA having some of the worst gearing and gear systems that i’ve seen in my time of playing the game.
The class designs are also lacking still and have somehow only gotten worse after WoD. If i had a mage or a priest on a WotLK server then i’m quite positive that i’d have more abilities to think about overall besides what’s included in my standard dps rotation.

4 Likes

This makes no sense. Both shop mounts and 6 months subscriptions have been there for years, this promotion has nothing to do with the state of BFA. Tin foil hat theories aren’t helping.

About OP issue : misleading title, but i don’t have any issues outside of random dc while playing havoc which started in 8.0 and lags in invasions because sharding can’t handle so many players.

Did you try to reinstall the game ? Might help. Could maybe be caused by addons too.

4 Likes

Just like how games you pay sub and expac fee should be right?

TBH I’m enjoying bfa. I enjoyed wod too. And every other expansion. The game isn’t in it’s best state but it’s not bad either.

6 Likes

I never said so, what’s your point ?

It was sarcasm… to be so accepting that a game expac is trash but gets better at the end isn’t how it should be.

Maybe not, but that is how it is now.

I wonder how many times a day people will ask this question.
Asking the exactly same question every day hoping to get new responses.

We get it! it used to be that and now its this
that was a lot better than the other one
but not as bad as the one that was really bad.

Maybe the next one will be better than the one that was really good
It could happen!! but it could also get worse!! maybe even worse than the worst one!

People seem to be mixing up my thread post as a comparisson rather than an actual concern, i’m not comparing WoD with BfA, i’m merely questioning why the game is in the state that it’s in? what happened with say AV’s being playable in a 40v40 and these days it’s just unplayable in a big pvp enviorment, what about the fact the game lags in open enviorments against a small pack of enemy players? my issue is with the constant lag and Disconnects that happens completely unprovoked without a reason just never occured even remotely as much as it does today.

i can agree with this. everytime they patch something recent, they seem to break something from 10 years ago.

the only lag i really get now is the 40v40 southshore brawl. its unplayable. just frozen in place for 10 minutes. other little glitches like animation choppyness i admit i dont look for. i problems i mean i dont see is loading screens more than a few seconds (probably due to using a SSD now) or clear lag for 3 or more seconds.

but yeah, Ship of Theseus is a good description of what wow is i think actually.

1 Like

BFA is not even close to being as garbage as WoD was. The only better thing about WoD was the class design, i’m sure no one is going to argue about that, but there was literally no world content that was worth doing and even the instanced content was pretty limited.

I still remember only logging in every wednesday just to do heroic HFC to increase the ilvl of my legendary ring, do the mythic dungeons for war/titanforge chance and then wait for the next reset day. If you enjoyed sitting in your garrison for 6 days and sending your 20 followers and ships on missions in WoD more than doing mythic+ dungeons, world quests, warfronts, etc then i’m not sure its the game’s fault that you are not having fun. To me it seems like you are just trying your best to hate this expansion.

The complaints about BFA are disgustingly overexaggerated. It was the same during every single expansion, just watch how even if the next expansion is going to be better, people will still sh*t on it 24/7 on this forums because of their personal expectations. People also said during Legion that its worse than WoD, which is just objectively false, and at this point it will never stop.

1 Like

without reading anythnig you wrote and purely based on the title alone, I will say yes. this is the new Warlords of Draenor. the game hasn’t been this boring since then, it is arguably worse now in fact. 8.2 is the 8.0 we deserved, but instead, we got “Beta for azeroth” and they release it a year later as they are about to announce the new expansion about 2 months after that. Well done!

reading your post, I completely understand the headline, the game right now is the worst it has ever been, the whole artifact replacement system (azerite armor) is a mess. I can’t say I run into the lag issue you are talking about, at least when I was playing the game 4 months ago.

1 Like

It is definitely bad in some areas, example I lag like crazy in Boralus. Anywhere else in WOW and I am fine. I am not sure if Boralus is not some type of bottleneck or the fact that certain times of day it is packed, is what is causing this issue. But I have been in a packed Stormwind and never lagged, but Boralus is just Lagralus.

BfA is my fav exp anyway, mostly wpvping tho. I don’t get lag unless 40v40 in open world, usually on top of zul pyramid. Gfx on highest setting tho and lots of spells flying. No big lag on the more usual 20v20 or even 30v30. Never lag in Boralus. I dc every 8 months or so.

Yeah maybe it’ll be Legion in reverse. :sweat_smile:

I wish I could see 6 years into the future like you. But again I’m sober.

1 Like

Please no.

I find wow to be a life draining experience as it is currently, I’ve gotten to the point where I simply can’t be bothered to do any of the content, it all seems pointless.

6 Likes