Is WoW in it's worst state it has ever been?

No.

You’re welcome. Next

1 Like

Yes indeed it is.
The forums are more fun and even the tabloid crossword I did while waiting in the doctor was more interesting and fun.
Come to think of it the reason and illness I was at the doctor for feels more fulfilling and fun than wow is at the moment.

Who are they hiring? Fresh school leavers or something…

Iirc they talked about it at Blizzcon or a Q&A but can’t find the source, so might be wrong with the numbers or terms used.

TLDR : game mecanics became more complex lately (i mean with procs and so on, rather than more spells in your kit) and each player in the area recieve the input from the server about the procs and effects. 12v12 means every proc is dealed with 24 times so if they all use 1 spell it makes 576 interactions but in 40x40 1 spell each means 5600 interactions.

The server deal much quicker than before the procs and spells (really hard for 2 mages to sheep themselves now)and each mob has much more data allocated to it’s buff/debuff (remember vanilla debuff limit ? Now it’s >100 per player on a target rather than 16 or 18 on a target iirc)

Also each spell has more depth than before, with loads of passives, procs and so on. More trinkets and enchants to deal with too, which lead to more work in the background.

Finaly each proc or spell is recieved by all player in the area, which means that in a 40v40 the server has to deal with a single proc 80 times, so if they all use a spell it makes… 6400 interactions ?
One of the thing they said they were working on to reduce lags was to rework some spells to reduce the impact they have on the server.

Overall, much more behind the scene things to deal with than in vanilla, and it makes it really hard to do 40v40 PvP or invasions.

no it wasnt, it was bad at the start even worse at the end, argus was the most annoying map ever introduced

and yes for a none raider / mythic dungeon runner this is the worst wow has ever been

2 Likes

It def wont be one of my favourite expansions but I still enjoy the game in general.
I hated cata too but then got some good expansions after that so Im not going to throw the baby out with the bath water!

in your opinion.

@title yes

No it’s not, WoD (especially the launch) says hello.

Antoran Wastes to me was the worst zone in terms of transportation and movement, in all of Argus, the other 2 were manageable. I do think that Argus was added as an after thought the zone had more potential than what was given there.

The story could have been much longer but I think it was added simply to tie up the Legion story and to introduce void elves and lightforged Draenei.

Well, in my opinion WoD was atleast tolerable, BfA is not a bad expansion per-say, but it definitely has it’s flaws like, i can do a m+10 with 0 rio and 380ilvl as a Rogue and DK without any problems, but 410 Retribution and 1,5k Rio? impossible, Warrior with same? impossible, Priest? not even a chance…

PvP? while i get the system, i just don’t think it’s particularly fun for anybody to want to go into a BG where everyone is walking around like headless chicken making you the only person to actually play the objective, and when you do there’s always 2 melee’s, usually a DH and Rogue, or Monk just sitting there waiting for you… Making it impossible to cast a single spell x) … I liked WoD, i thought it was a great expansion, just a little long for my comfort…

But anyways, point being is not to say BfA is bad, i just don’t like the fact that when i do World PVP it starts to lag because there are 5 people involved, or you keep Disconnecting, usually inside an M+ run for no reason at all.

Personally i hated cataclysm. Was horrible IMO, then it was WoD after. Best by far was WotLK and followed by Legion.

For me.

Worst: Cataclysm, Legion and BfA;
Best: TBC.

BFA is a joke
BFA = bad class design
BFA = bad itemization
BFA = Boring AF
BFA = no point of raiding
BFA = no point of progressing
BFA = Blizzard failed again
BFA = ignoring community
BFA is an insult

Phasing and Sharding are bad for the game experience yet the world still lags if there’s 10 people in the same area.

The GCD changes were hands down the worst change in the last 14 years.

Itemization is boring. All the gear is boring. There’s no tier sets for rewarding gameplay changes per tier.

Gear might as well be just ilvl at this point because you can target so little of it and can’t even reforge anymore.

To top everything off BfA was a rushed mess with Island Expeditions being somehow a major point and a major flop. And the Azerite Gear system which’s active development was canceled in Beta and moved to the Essence system we’re getting in 8.2.

BfA is absolutely the low point of WoW, atleast WoD didn’t lag all the time and classes were interesting to play.

1 Like

Not really, WoD had good raids and thats about it. Absolutely nothing to do.

Class design did not change much since wod. Anyone who says otherwise is delusional. The only major revamp was between MoP and WoD.
GCD changes didn’t change anything worth mentioning.

If I would to state overall
MoP > BfA > WoD ~ Legion

Legion could have been much better if not for legendaries and artifacts. Like a delicious wedding cake with actual sh*t in between layers.

JUST because legendaries legion was worse than any other expacs I played. Other flaws just made it worse but RNG Leggos alone made that expansion bad.

BfA has some flaws but overall its good. Story is worst that has ever been, can’t think of worse story. And content is lacking - which is good for me since I dont have much time to play.

See I disagree, the little WOD had to do actually felt more worth it than the countless, pointless chores BFA has. Yes BFA has a lot to do, doesn’t mean I’m going to feel inspired to do it, I’d rather clean the kitchen sink in preference to most of the ‘content’. Warfronts and Islands in particular, are simply painful to do.

Chores in BfA? I can’t remember doing anything chore-like. Unless you count quick 3 islands per week.

It’s been far worse.

Thats a chore in my book, horrible, boring ‘content’.

Yes it is and with every day it’s getting worse. People trying to hide it are clearly wrong. Even with expansions like WoD and Legion being already bad iv’e never seen so much negativity towards any expansion like BFA has been getting and it is obvious that many things are wrong with the game overall currently. So yes it is the worst state and it is probably getting a lot worse, 8.2 will bring back some players but since core parts which are leading to this failure in this expansion are not adressed they will also just leave again. Classic being around the corner will also move away a lot of players.

Unless 8.3 will have reworks and fixes towards many game systems which has been proved to fail (pvp,gearing,islands,warfronts,m+,titanforging, class balance/design) BFA will be the worst expansion to date for blizzard and it could heavily affect the next expansion outcome.

2 Likes