Isle of dorn , spawn rate of herbs and ore

i have a question for the miners and herbers on here , is the spawn rate of herbs and ore tied to the players currently playing on the isle of dorn . the reason i am asking this is i just wasted 2 hours herbing and mining on dorn and there were hardly any other herber’s and miners as was the lack of ore and herbs it was a complete waste of my game time .

There are many factors

Depend on how many people farm and of course the respawn time .

The respawn time sems to be close to 7-9 min average (the time i waited on the same spot while searching from music ). Perhaps is lower but i doubt .

So basically you can be lucky or unlucky~ if you have the same route with some others that are ahead of you , well you are unlucky , the time for herb/mine to dissapear is close to 30 sec.

Also try using a phial of truesight so you would see a boost in herb/minerals that you can see (camouflage)

Are you using some recommended routes or similar? I can imagine that using routes from addons or guides is actually causing these “optimal routes” to be farmed by too many people.
I did some hours of farming in all four zones and just flew randomly through them and there were lots of herb and ore nodes everywhere.

I ha e no problem finding ores, but way too often nodes despawn while im in the middle of mining them, because someone else mined them a few seconds earlier. Very annoying. The despawn timer should get a extension if someone click the node before it despawns.

When you are mining an “ez” mine and it disappears sucks, cos those things take like 10 seconds to mine. Only to have it evaporate into thin air.

2 Likes

There is a trick to mine those Ez. Be on top of them and is instant ")

I tried standing on top of them but for me at least it is not faster and not any safer either.

im pretty sure those dynamite nodes are to mess with bots, and im all for that, but they sure can be annoying.

1 Like

Maybe they should implement something like dead by daylights generator random QTEs to mess with bots even more.

I dont know what that is, but anything to make bots lives miserable is fine by me.

The closer you are on the EZ-nodes the faster you mine them. They take like 2 seconds?

A random appearing quicktime event that pops up and you have to press spacebar in a certain window.

This is a good point, something I noticed a lot in BFA when herbalisms special flower was an absolute goldmine. Everyone was flying those routes to the point where you could see it as a train where the front cart is the person getting all the herbs, while any other player on the same route a good 30s+ behind them is getting despawned nodes and the zone just looks very empty to them
what I used to do if I felt like the guy 30+ seconds behind in the train is turn around and run the path in the other direction, that sometimes ends in you being the head of your own train and being the one who keeps getting the nodes

Did anyone discovered Altered Arathors Spear and Altered Blessing Blossom herbs? Do they even exists? It confuses me, since we have Camuflaged, Crystallized, Spore, etc. for all type of herbs.

I usually find lots of ores and herbs but I never follow any route just go randomly.