Isn't party sync abusable as hell for quick lvling?

Listen, I’m not trying to defend it and say it’s okay, because quite frankly I think it’s on the morally gray end of the spectrum and I wouldn’t do it myself. But because it’s not giving people a combat edge or anything serious like that, I don’t think it should be bannable unless officially confirmed. To me, it’s no worse than multiboxing.

Me neither, just pointing out that the exact same thing happened a few months ago despite the lack of consequences on other players

These players used this argument to appeal, Blizz refused.

Pretty chill compared to what multiboxing brings to the game, but i guess Blizzard don’t want to refuse a player throwing them its money/gold

Well it was the same when the new exp potion came out a while ago and people figured out they could stack it to level ultra fast.
A loooot of people got banned for that :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I’m a bit uneasy about that too. If there was no announcement about it, I wonder how many people accidentally did it and got banned or didn’t realise that letting it stack wasn’t supposed to happen.

I usually just think if it seems too good to be true it’s probably not allowed lol

1 Like

Heh, probably the safest rule to live by for sure. Everytime I see something amazing in WoW it’s usually followed by a disclaimer such as

• Only once per 24 hours
  • Lasts 1 minute
  • Doesn’t stack

There’s always something to kill my buzz :cry:

2 Likes

Rule of thumb, be suspicious of everything that seems to good to be true.

well unless this was just hotfixed, this is a “too good to be true”.

You get xp for the quests twice, after that you get no rewards for doing them again, has anyone else actually tested this?

Pretty sure it says somewhere in the therms of service, that you aren’t allowed to do things that seems unintended(don’t remember the wording). While you can’t know exactly what isn’t intended, normal people will usually have a reference level telling them “this can’t be right”. This thread is an example of that.

Another point id that Blizzard doesn’t necessarily know about these things until players discover them, so how can they warn you about spesfic things? If they knew, I am pretty sure it would be fixed as quick as possible.

1 Like

Not our fault they don’t read the forums.

As it was said. That’s not how it works. Using the party sync feature to do a starter zone quest over and over again to gain massive amounts of xp for a character who is by far out of this zone is a blatant exploit. So people who do this are actually not legitimately leveling their characters.

I am puzzled that we still have to discuss this. I mean, the moment you do something unnatural for the game (and doing a non-repeatable level 1 quest over and over again on one character is unnatural) to gain an advantage you are abusing an exploit. Simple as that…

Lol, what’s the point of the creation of this thread?
You legitimately afraid to use this feature in fear of a ban? or you want a cool feature nerfed?

They finally added in a way to make leveling feel like a nonchore because you can actually bring friends along to do the content with you rather then boost you
Leveling can’t be quick enough considering literally nothing relevant is happening level 1 to 119
If anything, I’d like to see it go up to 1 level per minute

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.