Isn't party sync abusable as hell for quick lvling?

Noticed I’m getting 36k without heirlooms on the first quest in the human starting zone on a lvl 100. If you leave the party and resync again, you can repeat the quest again for 36k. If using heirlooms, it means I’d have to do it 10 times to get one level? It’s kill 6 worgs per time. If you also include a 120 that’s unsynced and you just tap the mobs and they kill it for you, you can get 1 lvl in like 2 minutes? Wtf?

You also get 43 gold per time you do the quest on a lvl 120. Isn’t this abusable for quick gold gains too?

2 Likes

I get 18k xp per quest at the dwarf starting area as 84 pala.
Seems ok to me…

I get 16K on a 84 palla

Yes it is, yes it will lead to bans because this is an unintended exploit.

I do wonder how this didn’t come up during testing.

Like, did everyone just turn in the quests with the unsynced lower character? Because that means the quest can’t be repeated with that specific character if you sync, but if you don’t do the quest on the low level unsynced character, you can repeat it ad infinitum on the synced character every time you resync.

only once everyday iirc, and you need a new character everytime you want to do the quest once again

43g/day is worthless at this point

Unless it goes way beyond way OP is saying i don’t see why it would warrant any sanctions. This is just doing the most efficients quests over and over again, not some kind of exploit.

(Unless there’s an issue allowing you to do the same quest over and over again beyond the once per day limit)

No, you don’t. You don’t finish the quest on the level 1 and every time you resync, you can do it again. If the level 1 finishes it, you can’t do it again with them, you need a new level 1 then.

1 Like

And you keep recieving the rewards on the main ? Alright my bad, sounds like an exploit

The dream. Im so gonna level my future characters trough lower level zones instead of TBC/WoTlk

Yeah my exploit alarm bells are ringing as well.

Party sync has a failsafe to protect the game against this. You can replay a quest as many times as you want, but there is a cool down on the rewards. iirc, you need to wait 24 hrs before you can earn rewards again.

If you aren’t waiting 24 hrs and constantly playing the same quest, that is an exploit.

2 Likes

Yea This sounds like one ugly exploit good that you found out about it and informed us but please don’t cheat you can get your sweet behind banned for a stupid reason :laughing:.

SHHHH! Please delete this thread and don’t ruin it for the rest of us when Blizzard lays down the nerf hammer in the name of anti-fun.

Also you can only do a quest once every 24 hours (First time completion doesn’t count for this limit). Any more than that and you’ll get no rewards.

4 Likes

Until they make a public announcement telling people not to do this while they work on a fix, there should be no bans.

That’s not how it works. If people abuse something that Blizzard didn’t intend, people grt punishments, whether Blizzard knew of the exploit or not.

So wich is it? Locked 24 hours after completion or is it exploitable?

All i know is that it’s amazing being able to do all old dungeons with a lower level buddy and still get good exp, it’s so nice not being locked doing draenor/legion dungeons.

1 Like

Imagine a world where Blizzard had Quality Control.

I mean, if it was a blatant exploit like killing people from spots they can’t reach you, then fair enough. But I doubt they are going to ban people for legitimately levelling their characters because they are getting a lot of exp from the new party sync feature.

This is an exploit if people go out of their way to make it happen

Creating multiple lvl1 humans to party sync with and do the same thing over and over again isn’t exactly your everyday experience and shouldn’t be intended as Blizzard tried to stop it with the 1day reset.

Edit : for example the last xp exploit was the XP potion. You had to buy a dozen of them, make stacks of 1 and then use them one After the other to get multiple stacks of it

Folks recieved bans for up to 3 or 6 months iirc, based on how many characters they boosted with the pots

1 Like

Either is multiboxing, but they have no problem with that. I’m not saying people should rush out and do this, but it would be highly unfair if they started to ban people for levelling too fast using party sync, especially when they are still putting in the work and killing mobs legitimately

Main difference between both things is that Blizzard didn’t implement a rule limiting how many accounts you can use at once, although they limited the frequency to which you should be able to redo the quest to once per day.

If you bypass the limit set up by Blizzard through an “unexpexted” (i mean come on, at first i didn’t believe they really missed that one) way then it falls under the exploit category.

The players banned with the XP pot exploit were also killing mobs and doing dungeons like everyone and didn’t really impacted the other players beside making them envious, yet they still ate a ban.