Issue with 3D Accelerator Card after Prepatch Update

Hello (;

I wanted to talk to you about an issue I’m having with World of Warcraft after the recent update for the Cataclysm prepatch.

Last night after the game update, when i tried to lunch Wow, started getting an error message asking me to install a 3D graphics card with dual-TMU support. I tried updating the game, checking for driver updates, and scanning the game data for issues, but nothing worked.

When I try to play (WoW Classic Era) everything is fine and runs smoothly with Dx11 support. and what i see in logs

5/1 12:22:47.226 Dx11 Device Create Successful

But when I try to play the new client file Wow classic 4.4.0 (pre release content downloaded), I get diffrent details on logs which is telling me

vendor:0x10de device:0x0a65 dx11:false dx12:false

5/1 13:38:37.580 No valid devices found. Retrying with driver extensions disabled...

No suitable gpu found. World of Warcraft cannot proceed. Exiting application...

I know my graphics card may not be top notch, but considering I was able to play WoW Classic Era without any problems, I believe this particular problem needs another solution. I searched the forums for similar posts but couldn’t find any relevant information.

I’m calling to see if anyone has experienced a similar problem or has any advice on how to fix this graphics card error. Even though my PC is older, I’m hoping there is a simple solution that can help me continue playing.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions you can offer. Thanks for reading about my topic, I look forward to hearing from you. <3

3 Likes

Probably better to post this in the Technical Support subforum

thank you i have updated it under technical support subforum

Crystal ball is broken so you should post your computer specs.

Make sure you also have updated to the latest GPU drivers.

thanks i just found another post with resolved status

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/3d-accelerator-card-is-not-supported-and-i-have-tried-everything-send-help/507538/3

and now just triyng it hopefully it will work for me too and i will keep updating my post thanks

Greetings

Sadly I am in exact same situation with you. I was able to play the Cataclysm beta until end of March after the 2nd or 3rd update where this problem first occurred. My guess is that when they implemented HD AI textures feature to the beta, they disabled older GPUs from accessing the client (shader model 5 incompatible GPUs). I was hoping this issue would be resolved by the time of live release, unfortunately not.

I am able to launch and play any other version of the game except Cataclysm. The only way to get Cataclysm to launch currently is to use -allowSoftwareRenderer command line switch through battle.net app, which obviously is not the best experience. I have tried everything that I could think of to fix this, but no success.

This seems something that Blizzard can only fix on their end. I was in a similar situation in the start of Shadowlands, where they also disabled older GPUs from accessing the game, but fixed it quite fast by disabling some in game graphics options from running in the client (Issues with Older GPUs).

Hopefully this gets gets fixed soon for everyone stuck with older PCs.

• Unfortunately, despite my endless efforts and efforts, I find myself deadlocked and unable to launch the game. The root cause of this predicament, as many of you may have guessed, is the aftermath of the Cata Prepatch update.

• The reason for such an update cannot be questioned. why now Why so sudden? I’m sure Blizzard has the ability to fix this. A simple change solution would be to introduce performance limitations for those of us with older devices. Is that too much to ask?

• I had carefully planned my activities for the start of the PP event. However, all I’ve been doing for the past 3-4 days is eagerly waiting for a fix that hasn’t materialized yet. Disappointing to say the least.

• The thought of investing in a new system just to keep playing seems unreasonable given my current circumstances. I have no choice but to give up my relationship with the game. :cold_sweat:

1 Like

I am fairly certain now that when they updated the beta on the 21st of March (we are still using the same client) whatever the reason was, they disabled non shader model 5 supported GPUs from launching the game. When checking the gx logs from retail and classic era on an older GPU it manages to create a Dx11 device using shader family dx_4_0, whereas Cataclysm cant list the GPU as an suitable device (dx11:false) and exits the game. I am still optimistic that someone from the developer team sees this and tries to get this issue resolved.

i already send ticket and got some auto-replay answer from them which was not even about my exact problem :slight_smile: i think this is busy time for them now but hope it will be fixed soon

I faintly remember there being similar issues in the past and Blizzard eventually resolving it (might have been with old CPUs). Though who knows if they fix or change it in the future as the minimium GPU requirements in Classic all include Shader Model 5.0.

Same problem for me after friday update, gpu accelerator work like boeing now, even my 8 windows of EVE Online not make him work such hard.
Blizzard please fix that, that 1 window game up GPU t* from 45 to 85, what did u do in this patch? Mining on users?

1 Like

In another post that I saw in this forum, the players had almost the same problem , and apparently they managed to solve this problem. And what makes me hopeful is that if this can happen, then why not about wowclassic?
What I imagine is that this problem can not be due to issues related to the oldness of the graphics card and other hardware, but in my opinion, they left something in the pre-patch update or just ignored it.
i can see in other client version in logs

vendor:0x10de device:0x0a65 dx11:true dx12:false
  • dx11:true !!!

which is not working as the same about Cataclysm client and i see in logs

vendor:0x10de device:0x0a65 dx11:false dx12:false
  • dx11:false !!!

which will clearly explain that there is not a serious problem for my graphic card or drivers , because if it my driver accelerator 3D cards were not able to support dx11 then i couldn’t play Sod too … which i already playing with no problem .

anyway , This is really disappointing because Believe it or not, I had planned this week’s Children’s Week event separately and was hoping to get a different and special new pet after a year :cold_sweat: . I mean, even if this was not a mistake or a miss tick, it was completely unpredictable and unbelievable… Finally, the only thing I have heard from them so far is related to my recent ticket, without any solution or offer from the side. Blizzard support should request me to raise this issue in the forum and that’s it

I have same problem with 3D eror

1 Like

what graphic card you use ?

i have same problem after pre-patch started , cataclysm classic is not able to be launched under dx11 even after i tried to force API by adding command line -d3d11 to launcher

i want to update this case since i already managed to fix it by switching to a new graphic card , so i guess thats it .

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.